Jed Steer

samjp26

6 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Bosnich isn’t dead 😂😂😂

And I don't think he remembers he spent his best years at Villa. In Australia all he talks about is his little time with Man U and Chelsea.

Well done Jed,, a little shaky during the game, but huge in the penalty shoot out.

7 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

And I don't think he remembers he spent his best years at Villa. In Australia all he talks about is his little time with Man U and Chelsea.

Well done Jed,, a little shaky during the game, but huge in the penalty shoot out.

Well let him get on with it then.. We all know that Villa were the club that made him famous...

and now we know that Villa are the club that helped to make Jed Steer famous too!

• Thanks 1

How he was shipped out on loan in favour of Nyland I will never, ever know. Steer might not be a top class Premier League keeper, but they’ll find Amelia Earhartt, Bigfoot, Eldorado, Atlantis, intelligent life on Mars and a cure for cancer before anyone can find evidence of Nyland being better than him. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

article-2410457-1B8C756C000005DC-700_634

If he shaved his head, wore a top hat he'd be:

204x400.jpg

Edited by Dave-R
  • Haha 3

If he had signed for a big fee and from abroad I think the praise would oddly be higher rather than the damning with faint praise comments.

Norwich fans raved about him when we signed him. He's never been awful. Every keeper makes a mistake or two. In general he's been solid as but never been given a run. 

Despite the money we spent on Kalanic and the rep he has with Croatia it's nice to see Jed being given the chance to show his ability. 

At, 26, he's still a good 5/6 years from his peak. 

Ben Foster was 3rd choice at Stoke behind Ed de Guey and Steve Simonsen before his loan to Wrexham in League 1. Alex Ferguson spotted him because Darren Ferguson was playing for Wrexham then and saw him smash it at the LDV final. He's still now a European quality keeper when he could have ended up stuck on a bench. 

Keepers are judged on a couple of games because that's all that they usually get and it's dumb. 

I love that Smith and co have seen the potential in him and trusted him with the shirt and not just gone back to the expensive signing. 

De Gea has fluffed plenty in less stressful games and he's still immense, despite the media shark frenzy. A bit of a shaky show at times away at WBA doesn't mean Steer isn't capable of being a top level keeper. A few more inches in height would be awesome but as a whole, he's shown more than capable. 

Â