Jed Steer

samjp26

Seen him in the preseason friendlies and tonight, he is absolute class. Made more excellent saves in 3 or 4 games in the last month or so than Johnstone has made in his Villa career which stands at 0 (Zero)

I'm at a complete loss how Johnstone is considered to be better than Steer by Bruce.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Seen him in the preseason friendlies and tonight, he is absolute class. Made more excellent saves in 3 or 4 games in the last month or so than Johnstone has made in his Villa career which stands at 0 (Zero)

I'm at a complete loss how Johnstone is considered to be better than Steer by Bruce.

Perhaps he isn't though? Judging by Bruce's post match comments.

Steer has been injured for a long time, so he got an adequate, familiar keeper in just in case. Competition is only a good thing, and more importantly it keeps Bunn far away from first team action.

• Like 1

Wow when was the last time we had a keeper who made proper saves. Even a pen save. He was really good. Would like to see him start ahead of Johnstone. He's one of our own anyway.

2 hours ago, Junxs said:

He's from Manchester Untied you know!

:trollface:

I don't mind Johnstone and thought he looked commanding against Hull. Steer is a class above him though. He deserves a run in the team.

The youngsters who played well should be picked and the seniors dropped in circumstances like these. Lord knows our players need a kick up the arse.

Edited by Spoony

This can only be good news as now if Johnstone plays shit we now we have someone goot knocking on the door like steer and not another crap keeper like bunn.

We coukd be steering in the right direction with him in goal.

• Like 1

Â