Jed Steer

samjp26

Would rather we give Steer a run if fit instead of spunking more money up the wall on Sam.

He did well at this level when on loan.

Edited by jim
  • Like 2

On 6/6/2017 at 19:38, daggy_333 said:

On the few occasions i've seen Steer play i've not seen anything to suggest he's better or even as good as Johnstone.

On the many occasions I've seen Johnstone play I've not seen anything to suggest he's better or even as good as Steer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I don't think I saw him in either game last night, unless I missed it?

Can't still be injured, surely?

Possibly or maybe not match fitness yet.

He has now been here 4 years and we are only on page 14 on his thread... sadly shows what he has managed to do in his time here! 

Suffered some bad injuries which have really hampered him. Hopefully he can recover fully and actually have a footballing career whether that's here or elsewhere.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Impressed today - far better than bunn .

Looked better in 90 minutes than Johnstone did in 25 or so games, hope we start the season with Steer in goal

Sorry Eastie, didnt mean to quote you in that last post..

I'd much rather play one of our own than a loan signing, always have done. But on todays performance I think Steer actually merits the shirt ahead of SJ regardless. If he can show over the course of the season how capable he is, he can save us a bit of money next summer.  That save in the first match was better than any I've seen Johnstone make all last season. 

• Like 1

His kicking is really accurate!! Must be out number 2 and could actually push Johnstone. Not very commanding on crosses though. Bunn should be sold with the young Sarjkic as number 3. 

7 minutes ago, KSV said:

His kicking is really accurate!! Must be out number 2 and could actually push Johnstone. Not very commanding on crosses though. Bunn should be sold with the young Sarjkic as number 3. 

You wouldn't get any cash for bunn - lucky to get any takers on a free.

Â