Jed Steer

samjp26

13 hours ago, Junxs said:

I think Steer is a better shot stopper than Johnstone, better on corners too.

Think he will prove himself the better keeper in a couple of years time, he's just been constantly injured whereas Johnstone came out the Man Utd academy. 

2 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

How is he even still here ffs?

Share your frustration. Was wondering the same thing. Article in the BM suggests he's not under contract but has been invited to the training camp to train with the squad and possibly earn a new contract?

1 hour ago, Hornso said:

Share your frustration. Was wondering the same thing. Article in the BM suggests he's not under contract but has been invited to the training camp to train with the squad and possibly earn a new contract?

On the plus side, at least it means we won't be after another keeper. Which in turn means we can get another outfield player.

I rate Steer, and it would frustrate me to see us sign a young keeper from the prem on loan taking up 1/5 of the loans, especially if this loan keeper wont be staying with us the following year.

People forget Steer has roughly 20 England youth caps and has never let us down. If Bunn staying another year is a sign of Steer being the main man then I'm happy. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Skills said:

how has Steer performed in preseason so far? 

Competent enough from what I've seen. No confidence rousing great saves like last pre-season. Kicking at Burton was pretty poor tbh.

Edited by VILLAMARV
sp

Think we'll end up signing a keeper on loan. It's a shame the takeover didn't happen a couple of weeks ago because we could have got Johnstone then.

Wouldn't mind having Steer, but think we can get better.

Â