Jed Steer

samjp26

• 7 months later...

Seeing as there is a reasonable chance that it'll be his final game at the club, I hope Guzan starts against Burnley.

He'll be here start of next season surely?

Tim Howard's retired from USA hasn't he so he's basically competiting against MLS keepers. Many top keepers have had spells as number twos in recent times so I'd be really surprised if Brad dosen't stay until January at least and see what pans out.

What happens if we sign a keeper from abroad and he does a good impression of De Gea on crosses from his first 6 months in the league and costs us numerous league points. I think it would be good to have Guzan in the squad then.

I highly doubt Guzan will tolerate returning to a No. 2 role and nor should he. Given will almost certainly still be here next season so I assume it'll continue to be him.

I highly doubt Guzan will tolerate returning to a No. 2 role and nor should he. Given will almost certainly still be here next season so I assume it'll continue to be him.

I don't think Sherwood will continue with Given after he let in 6. He dropped Guzan for one mistake. 

• Like 1

Problem is it was the defence that parted like the Red Sea. Guzan is one of my favourite players but Given didn't make any massive mistakes against Southampton!

Worried for Brad's future here as a number 1

• Like 2

Seeing as there is a reasonable chance that it'll be his final game at the club, I hope Guzan starts against Burnley.

This would piss me off beyond belief.

• Like 2

Even if we sign a superior replacement?

I wouldn't describe it as a reasonable chance at all.

"Slight chance", maybe. 

Guzan should be number 1 next season. We'd be wasting money buying a replacement for him

Problem is it was the defence that parted like the Red Sea. Guzan is one of my favourite players but Given didn't make any massive mistakes against Southampton!

Worried for Brad's future here as a number 1

Given wasn't directly to blame (although could perhaps have done better with a couple), but I would hope that Sherwood has seen that Guzan is the better keeper, and letting in six gives him an ideal opportunity to put Guzan back in the team without anyone losing too much face..

Even if we sign a superior replacement?

Guzan is more than good enough for us. Been here donkey's, loved by the fans. I'd hate if he shipped him out because of one average season.

• Like 2

Yes his kicking wasn't great, nice save from Boyd though.

His cup appearences when he's struggled to keep clean sheets against lower league teams don't suggest to me he's going to be a regular premier league keeper.

Â