Jed Steer

samjp26

• 4 months later...

Pulled off save after save. I wouldn't put him above Johnstone on that basis, some were good saves but most were what you would expect a decent keeper to save, none were really top draw. However he was much better than Johnstone at catching instead of pushing/punching which is a good trait for me. 

Kicking was woeful though.... 

Edited by sidcow

1 minute ago, daggy_333 said:

Shot stopping was brilliant today. Kicking was awful.

Although a couple of long kicks from the hand weren’t that good the bloody defence kept passing to his right foot when he’s left footed. Johnston doesn’t get that kind of sh*t passed to him.

3 minutes ago, Stockport_Villain said:

Although a couple of long kicks from the hand weren’t that good the bloody defence kept passing to his right foot when he’s left footed. Johnston doesn’t get that kind of sh*t passed to him.

And often passed back with little pace meaning by the time they got to him he was almost being charged down. This happened so often I fully expected Peterborough to deflect one in. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Precisely the reason why losing Johnstone would be no big deal at all, Steer is every bit as capable at this level. 

Agreed , I’d have no worries about steer as number 1 at this level although I’d be worried if bunn was his number 2 .

Edited by Eastie

Made some decent saves (though none that I thought were out of the ordinary). 

The big difference between him and Johnstone can be seen from their second goal, though - no way is Johnstone getting bullied in his box like that. 

23 hours ago, sidcow said:

Pulled off save after save. I wouldn't put him above Johnstone on that basis. 

To honest i have thought he looks assured whenever I've seen him. 

23 hours ago, sidcow said:

However he was much better than Johnstone at catching instead of pushing/punching which is a good trait for me. 

Punching is a gripe i have will any keeper. I think a commanding keeper reassures the guys in front mich better. I'm kind of on the fence, I'm not necessarily saying Johnstone should be dropped, but i wouldn't be upset to see Jed given a run of games. 

• 2 weeks later...
Â