Jed Steer

samjp26

His kicks were way, way too long. After about 60 mins he must've been told to knock it on the head as he was passing to the fullbacks instead. Benteke was particularly peeved at one point.

• 4 months later...

Signed a new 4 year contract

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/612273/Confirmed-Aston-Villa-Jed-Steer-Huddersfield

The 23-year-old, who joined Villa from Norwich two years ago, has put pen to paper on a fresh deal at Villa Park which will run to the summer of 2019.

Steer moved to Huddersfield on an emergency loan in September and will now remain in West Yorkshire until November 11.

The former England Under-19 international has featured five times for the Terriers, who sit 18th in the standings.

"I am delighted to commit my future here at Villa," Steer, who has made four senior appearances for Villa, told the club's official website.

"It's a fantastic place to be - but I am also enjoying getting regular football at Huddersfield Town too.

"It's been good for my football education. Today's been a good day and I'm focused on pushing forward now."

It's probably just so we get a fee for him if he moves on. He's fourth choice here. Not sure it says anything about our ambition to be handing a 4th choice goalkeeper a new contract.

It's probably just so we get a fee for him if he moves on. He's fourth choice here. Not sure it says anything about our ambition to be handing a 4th choice goalkeeper a new contract.

Will the fees be much or any higher that the contracts we are now liable for?

It does seem strange.

• 9 months later...
On 10/16/2015 at 19:28, HanoiVillan said:

He could come in handy next season if we go down, now he's got some first team experience at that level. 

Oh nostalgia...giddy heights

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

He did well at Huddersfield didn't he last season?

Can only think he's in the process of being sold on, maybe he dosen't want to be a number two anymore given he's been here three seasons.

Bunn is happy filling in that role and playing the odd game. As much maligned as he is he did keep a few clean sheets for us at prem level so can do that in the championship if we need him.

• 4 weeks later...
Â