Christian Benteke

Kwan

I think adebayor would do a decent job under sherwood for a season. He knows the prem, worked well under sherwood before and tends to hit the ground running for new clubs.

That would give us a chance to maybe pick a rabbit out the hat a la benteke as I don't believe a suitable replacement is staring us in the face.

I hate to agree with you about Adebayor but I think you are right.

Ah man I'll be disgusted with Adebayor.

Exactly my thoughts. Adebayor would be a lazy and thoughtless signing and ultimately a waste.

No, not for a second.

Ya and no re-sale value.

I wish Liverpool fans would shut up

32.5 mill would do wonders for our side

We would be so much better and well rounded if he doesn't go i will actually be disappointed now

I have really warmed to the idea of having a more balanced team with quality throughout

That's if the money is invested correctly of course not the likes of Andross and Adewontscore

Always hard replacing one of your best players though. Having said that I think we can replace 15-20 goals a season though. If we get a decent striker (not necessarily undoubtedly proven) but then ensure that we have creativity we can replace those goals fine. 

Also if I was Benteke i'd be put off by the way Rogers is talking. Having him as back up and all that. He's a mile better than Balotelli and Lambert, and a completely different player to Sturridge. No doubt they've sent their offer - but will Benteke go? Not so sure now. He's way too good to be a back up - he's a proven premier league goal scorer and he did that in a shite team with no creativity by taking the 2/3 chances he got each game. 

Edited by tomh621

Ah man I'll be disgusted with Adebayor.

Exactly my thoughts. Adebayor would be a lazy and thoughtless signing and ultimately a waste.

No, not for a second.

Ya and no re-sale value.

However on short term / loan deal with someone picking up a large proportion of his wages...maybe if TS can the best out of him.

I've said it before but I think Adebayor makes sense on a few levels. 

Sherwood knows him and has shown he can motivate him. When Adebayor is motivated and enthused by his manager, he's a nightmare to play against. Yes he's the wrong side of 30, but I think he offers decent value at around £3-5m for what he could potentially offer us in the short term. Not bothered by his wages, we've learned from our mistakes and I trust Fox and the new guy to get that right.

I'd want us to sign someone else for the longer term in addition though. Preferably Embolo.

• Like 1

Embolo got 10 goals last season, dont see why people think he should come in and automatically replace Benteke

10 goals in 18 appearances with only 9 being starts. Sounds pretty good to me.

In the Swiss league and then moving to Villa when the pressure will be unbearable as people expecting him to replace Benteke. Could kill the guys career

Where did Tekkers come from? Belgian league is not much better

Berahinho is a good shout but I don't think Sherwood would want him ... I like remy

Would love Berahino, think Pulis is good for him and will sort out his attitude. I predict he'll be bigger than Harry Kane in 2-3 years.

West Brom would never sell to us though even though we could probably afford him from most of Benteke fee. Would cause a diplomatic incident in the West Midlands I think.

Embolo got 10 goals last season, dont see why people think he should come in and automatically replace Benteke

10 goals in 18 appearances with only 9 being starts. Sounds pretty good to me.

In the Swiss league and then moving to Villa when the pressure will be unbearable as people expecting him to replace Benteke. Could kill the guys career

Where did Tekkers come from? Belgian league is not much better

He was nearly 22 while Embolo is just turned 18 a huge difference. PLus Benteke wasnt brought in as a 1st choice striker

I'd take Adebayor on loan.  He's 31 and only has a season left on his Spurs contract.  I wouldn't give them a fee, I wouldn't give him a long contract and I'd rather run the risk of losing him for nothing next summer (like Tom Cleverley) than run the risk of having another Stephen Ireland or Shay Given situation. 

qnqjZpv.jpg

I fear that we already have our replacement for Benteke though.  He's not kicked a ball in anger in 18 months but he did score against Fulham in pre season.  Hi Libor Kozak. 

When we lose him we will be worse than last year's team that scraped up. Until we replace him adequately we will be well in the mix for relegation. There's no other way of dressing it up.

'like' wasn't quite the right sentiment somehow but I agree :D

Â