Christian Benteke

Kwan

Let's face it, whoever we get will be disappointing. His name will be "not Benteke".

Unless we go for his brother Jonathan ;)
Only MON would put a defender up front.

Could someone who doesn't have the computer skills of an octogenarian luddite please post that 'get out' giffy-thing? ^^

Liverpool 'quite a special club' my arse. That sort of thing is excactly what fuels their intolerable smugness and obnoxious sense of entitlement. Which is why I, for one, can't stand them. Christian is a top class player who should be moving to a top class club, not bloody Liverpool.

Edited by Michelsen
  • Like 2

Let's face it, whoever we get will be disappointing. His name will be "not Benteke".

Most bits(not much) I have read on him say he is a striker?

Good thing he's a striker then.

If Liverpool do meet the buy out clause I would then offer Benteke in a cheeky bid to Utd for 20+mil and Javier Hernandez.. Then use the rest to lure a top prospect like Embolo. Austin for me is a no go. I can see him ending up at Newcastle and to be honest that suits me fine as I just don't think he's worth 15mil.

No, I agree, it is like an impending death of a close relative, better they die than hang on. We need to move on.

Oh man, what does Benteke have?  It's not **** ebola is it?  If so, well played Tim, well played again.

As for Liverpool fans, well, yeah, they're clearings in the woods but they're kind of like fifteen year old footie fans, entitled, uppity and obnoxious but with an undeniable passion.  Once they calm down they do add to the 'romance' of the game.  Press mute and they're alright.

• Like 1

Shomin you are like that wise old man I alway wanted to listen to but could never find. Your wisdom (and posts) inspire me!

You are too kind!  However, if I'm what passes for a 'wise man' these days God help us.

• Like 1

Good buy for them.. 49 goals in just over 100 games in an absolutely woeful Villa side with very few chances created for him. He scored many of those 49 by doing it himself or taking the 1-2 chances every 2-3 games we crafted for him. If he could do that here then Liverpool or Man Utd or anyone else would be stupid not to pay up, he is a ready made goal scoring machine that will be absolutely frightening to play against with the players Liverpool have backing him up.. Seeing as this is as good as done unless he pulls as Delph, I wish him the best. Now Tim how are you going to invest that money? I'm curious.. 

Thats nice.... and had he been retiring. or moving abroad. i'd say the same....

as is? When the ink is dry and the cheque is cleared, he could burst into flames for all I care... He wont be Villa anymore... 

Let me get my little violin out for you.

A football player born in Belgium, who is a very good player, wants to leave a team based in Birmingham who have been shit the entire time he's been here, to go to a team who historically, recently and in the future will shit all over us.

"He won't be Villa anymore" - He was never "Villa" - whatever that even means.

Well, for the past few years, he has been playing for us at Villa Park, training in Bodymoor Heath, in our kit - I would say that would be enough to classify him as a Villa player.

Now he is signing for a team that play in the same league as us... He won't be playing for us anymore, he is now against us...

I don't need a violin thanks; I'm quite comfortable with not giving a toss about him or his career now we are no longer a part of it. 

So, once again; sign the contract and let the ink dry, allow the club enough time to cash the cheque and then he can bugger off...

He will be gone, and AVFC will still be here... We don't need to wish him well... We have done plenty of that for him while he has been here... It will be Liverpool fans responsibility to do that for him in the near future...

Daily Mail or someone saying he won't play in Friday's friendly against Braga because of the impending move. This time we will know for a fact whether the media actually know or are just speculating.

Â