Christian Benteke

Kwan

Imagine we'd signed Benteke after MONs first season, we could be where Man City are now.

Oh well, that's how it goes. I don't think Liverpool are that far ahead of us in reality, they can't play all their strikers.

Keita from Lazio, If Baldini is touting Destro in London we should ask how much, I bet it won't be Benteke money but I doubt he's come. Keita we might get on loan. Gabbiadini has just gone to Napoli so no go there. That's about the best young forwards I can think of over here!

None of them are the same type of player as Benteke though really....

Why are we guessing/counting the money the club gets? It's not ours and we have no idea what the bottom line will be. Whether it's 32, 29 or 25m it's irrelevant to fans. I couldn't care less.

Best of luck to him. Thanks for some lovely memories. Pity his choice of club is so poor, but with any luck he'll move on again in 3 years to a proper team. 

We'll survive, we always do, and we can strengthen our side effectively. 

Bon chance, Christian.

Well said Sir. One of my favourite ever players in 20 years of supporting this club in arguably our worst ever team over a number of seasons. I wish him little ill if I'm being honest.  He certainly will not be retiring at Liverpool that's for sure.

Tbh I'm that used to the idea of him leaving that I'm passed caring where he actually goes.

He's a player who is way way above our standard atm and Id quite enjoy watching him in a top team tbh.

So would I, but he's going to Liverpool instead. Better than us but far from a top team.
  • Like 1

I also get the feeling he really wants to go to Liverpool. He's very good mates with Lukaku so being in the same city will be a big plus for him.

You also have to remember Liverpool remain a massive name on the Continent, just look at the crowds they're drawing in Singapore so they still have this mystique for continental players.

He'll also look at it, see them being a win off winning the league in 13/14 and thinking I'm good, Coutinho's good ,Firmino could be good and if Sturridge can stay fit for 5 minutes there could be something special there, that's how players think, just generally looking at league positions rather than much else going on in clubs.

What about that Zaza bloke from Sassulo? Also I think it's Osaka at Sampdoria, he looked decent at times last season.

Yeah Destro isn't that great, didn't understand why Ac Milan signed him either. Llajic is very good though, wide player.

Embolo got 10 goals last season, dont see why people think he should come in and automatically replace Benteke

10 goals in 18 appearances with only 9 being starts. Sounds pretty good to me.

In the Swiss league and then moving to Villa when the pressure will be unbearable as people expecting him to replace Benteke. Could kill the guys career

Not a direct or immediate replacement. But I can understand why people think he could be the eventual replacement.

Â