Christian Benteke

Kwan

Embolo got 10 goals last season, dont see why people think he should come in and automatically replace Benteke

I was in Belgium the other week and chatting to a load of Belgiums in a bar about Benteke , not one of them could believe he had turned out the way he had in the Prem ... They thought he was good when he played in Belgium (and lazy) but not THAT good

So I guess it's hard to say until they actually come and play

Did we offer him an improved contract? If not, why not?

There was talk I think of us going as high as £90k a week (although I took that with a large pinch of salt).

I think it would be well worth offering him that for another year on his existing contract with the same £32.5m escape clause to rescue him from the potential hell of spending a couple of years playing for a club whose fans do not want him on a similar salary to play a couple of games in the Europa League and less games than he would for us in the PL.

Or could it be that we need to sell to buy? If so, we need to do that as well as Southampton did with less money.

Or it could be that he doesn't want to be here?

Remy

Oh yes please. But realistic? 

I am answering this hypothetically because Benteke is still here and as far as I can tell there has been absolutely no movement. I think we will (have) began our search abroad. There's no value in England, unless you can land somebody like Remy with top class pedigree who might be out of favour at a bigger club. 

I just can't for the life of me understand why Arsenal aren't in for him, he would transform them he really would.

Giroud?

He is a far better player than Giroud.

When he is on form he is. 

Well he has been on better form than Giroud for the 3 years he has been here.

Benteke has got 42 in 88 games for us over 3 seasons, Giroud got 41 in 97.

That is before we even get into the players around them and the number of chances created not to mention Benteke had to make a return from a major injury during that time.

Giroud is nowhere near Benteke's ability.

I'm not disagreeing with you but I just wonder whether Arsenals's more patient style of play would bring the best out of Benteke. 

Liverpool fans are going to stop this deal from happening. The only other apparent suitors are supposedly Man United but I don't believe that. I reckon someone's trying to force Liverpool's hand in order to get this over and done with.

Unless he goes abroad, I wouldn't be surprised if he starts next season as a Villa player.

So another day gone and he's still here.

To be fair everyone is all over the place, Kop are off somewhere and owners are in the U.S. We're in Portugal, Brum and i'd imagine the U.S as well.

So yeah, another day and nothing has happened, despite the twatter nonsense. 

Disappointed that he appears to be going but deep down not surprised and I'm glad this saga is now drawing to a close.

He wanted out after (what was it?) the first season with us? I think however the price is fair although I think in previous posts I had said he was worth more. Well done to Villa for holding out for the full release clause despite the bullying from Liverpool and their media mates. I think he will be a success there but I give him two seasons before we have the same nonsense leaked to the media to get a move to a bigger club as I seriously doubt Liverpool, particularly under Rodgers, will be playing CL football regularly

I don't think we have been 'pre spending' the money we are getting and I fully expect the full amount after we have paid Genk to be reinvested in the squad and we will be stronger for it at the end of the transfer window. Let's not forget players very rarely play for the badge these days, its just a job for them. After all how many badges has Bent kissed?

Liverpool fans are going to stop this deal from happening. The only other apparent suitors are supposedly Man United but I don't believe that. I reckon someone's trying to force Liverpool's hand in order to get this over and done with.

Unless he goes abroad, I wouldn't be surprised if he starts next season as a Villa player.

I will be.

I wish Liverpool fans would shut up

32.5 mill would do wonders for our side

We would be so much better and well rounded if he doesn't go i will actually be disappointed now

I have really warmed to the idea of having a more balanced team with quality throughout

That's if the money is invested correctly of course not the likes of Andross and Adewontscore

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

Â