Christian Benteke

Kwan

Maybe being a bit cynical, but I don't think he really cares much about going to a club in the Champs League/Europe. I think he just wants more money.

I don't get that impression, I just think he wants to be battling at the top end of the table instead of the bottom and who can blame him.

I'll probably get abuse for this but deep down i hope someone meets the buyout clause and we get the cash. I think Benteke is world class and i love the man for keeping us up for three seasons. But being realistic, i think the way we will progress up the table is to reinvest this money in 3 10-12 million type quality players. IMO if benteke stays we probably are fighting relegation again, if he goes and we bring in these 3 players then we move towars mid table. Its a gamble but sure what isnt with our funds.

Assuming someone bids and meets the clause (which as far as I know no one has yet), we still won't have 32 million to spend. Something like 8m goes to Genk, then as Benteke hasn't requested to leave he'll get some sort of payout, plus whatever lawyers and agents cream from it.

I would guess the cash we end up with is actually closer to 20 million than 32.

I'll probably get abuse for this but deep down i hope someone meets the buyout clause and we get the cash. I think Benteke is world class and i love the man for keeping us up for three seasons. But being realistic, i think the way we will progress up the table is to reinvest this money in 3 10-12 million type quality players. IMO if benteke stays we probably are fighting relegation again, if he goes and we bring in these 3 players then we move towars mid table. Its a gamble but sure what isnt with our funds.

doubt you get abuse for it. For me both are acceptable, Id love to keep Benteke but if he goes and we spend the money wisely then it will be a good move too

Assuming someone bids and meets the clause (which as far as I know no one has yet), we still won't have 32 million to spend. Something like 8m goes to Genk, then as Benteke hasn't requested to leave he'll get some sort of payout, plus whatever lawyers and agents cream from it.

Think Genk only get around 3.5 mill. Not sure what Benteke would be due but say we have 26mill then we would have 3 good players plus the money we would already have for this years transfers

Is genks share not 15% of the profit? , or at least what is being reported.

Is genks share not 15% of the profit? , or at least what is being reported.

Think it is 15% of anything over 8m - others will correct me if I am wrong

Edit = 3.7m

Edited by Gary Thomas

I respect him immensely for what he has done for us and his goals have effectively kept us in this division 3 seasons running. 

But he's going to Livershite, so I hope he fails miserably at that horrible club. 

Â