Christian Benteke

Kwan

Total and utter madness to think Kozak could be in any way shape or form Benteke's replacement. I was dead against this even before his bad injuries. Why would you give him that pressure, surely you want to ease him slowly back into the first team seeing as he hasn't played an actual proper game since December 2013? If he's Benteke's replacement he'd have to start every single week and that's before looking at his limited game which means some back 4s with a bit of pace and height will easily nullify him.

And I actually like him aswell but just don't understand that opinion.

Anyway we have the money to probably sign two forwards in the 7-10m range. Or just sign one for 10m + and get another on loan like Adebayor or maybe Bamford who I think may start to get linked to us.

Enough anyway not to rely on existing options at the club.

Ideal world would be proven premier league and up and coming European player. Remy would be my premier league pick (even on loan). Don't know much about Embolo and others but would invest in one for future alongside Remy and kozak etc

Kozak belonged to forward planning of seasons past. But he did score important goals. He was also 7 mill, not that price equals success but I think he will score this season with the sort of service that our potential midfield promises.

When we lose him we will be worse than last year's team that scraped up. Until we replace him adequately we will be well in the mix for relegation. There's no other way of dressing it up.

'like' wasn't quite the right sentiment somehow but I agree :D

Whilst true to an extent, I think he scored 11 league goals last season? If we can't replace that then we truly are ****. Though I also understand it's not that simple either, we can't possibly be as bad as we were for the majority of Lambert's season again, even without a striker of Benteke's quality, at least you would hope not. 

I wish Liverpool fans would shut up

32.5 mill would do wonders for our side

We would be so much better and well rounded if he doesn't go i will actually be disappointed now

I have really warmed to the idea of having a more balanced team with quality throughout

That's if the money is invested correctly of course not the likes of Andross and Adewontscore

Always hard replacing one of your best players though. Having said that I think we can replace 15-20 goals a season though. If we get a decent striker (not necessarily undoubtedly proven) but then ensure that we have creativity we can replace those goals fine.

Also if I was Benteke i'd be put off by the way Rogers is talking. Having him as back up and all that. He's a mile better than Balotelli and Lambert, and a completely different player to Sturridge. No doubt they've sent their offer - but will Benteke go? Not so sure now. He's way too good to be a back up - he's a proven premier league goal scorer and he did that in a shite team with no creativity by taking the 2/3 chances he got each game.

A 20 goal a season striker is no good, if that's the only goals you're scoring...not enough. Better to have the rest of the team pitching in, with a couple of 10 each or something.

Totally with ash, the investment could really help our side. We could replace those 20 goals a season and more, shared out with other players.

Kozak was always meant to be Benteke's replacement IMO. His injuries mean that's too much of a gamble now though. Fwiw I still think Kozak will be excellent, well adapt our play style to suit him, but we'll need a couple of different options.

I like the players being linked, but am sceptical we'll end up with the calibre being rumoured

Sky sports / Liverpool Echo / the times / the brum Mail / any media outlet you dare to mention understands that Liverpool have decided to / are going to / have agreed to meet the buy out clause

Load of bollocks

Not in denial or saying that it won't happen but the reporting of this whole saga has been shambolic, from the rags trying to sell him for us, to the washy washy rubbish we've seen all day today

There still isn't an official bid, I'm still half convinced they're going to try and under cut the clause and paint us as dickheads when it's rejected

Adebayor is one of the most temperamental players I think I've ever seen.  Can be on fire for weeks and then suddenly seem to completely lose interest and drop off the face of the Earth.  That problem, and the tension surrounding that possibility, absolutely nullifies any positives I can think of.  And there are a few.  For a side looking to turn things around and move onwards with real purpose Adebayor as a figurehead is asking for trouble.

One of those players that if someone safe, boring and predictable could possess his body he'd be fine.  But unfortunately he does not have the soul of James Milner or Darren Fletcher, he has the soul of Juju-spooked Emmanuel Adebayor.  And I don't want him to scare poor little impressionable Jack.

Even with Kozak we're really struggling for numbers upfront. Gabby is past it now, if Kozak can step up great, we've shifted bent and weimann.

If Benteke goes, we need at least 3 new strikers. One proven premier league talent, a promising youngster and someone to cover the starting strikers for injuries etc

or maybe Bamford who I think may start to get linked to us.

I think we should go for Bamford before someone else does (unless we are already too late). I think it might need to be on loan firstly because Chelsea are not yet too happy to sell him given how well he did in the league below last season. That deal should also not need to depend on Benteke's departure.  

Obviously Benteke is a Beast.  Do we want Beast Mark 2, or something completely different.

My heart says beast.  My head says go for a slightly more rounded player (not that Benteke ain't versatile; I just think he's a rare, well, beast).

Sky sports / Liverpool Echo / the times / the brum Mail / any media outlet you dare to mention understands that Liverpool have decided to / are going to / have agreed to meet the buy out clause

Load of bollocks

Not in denial or saying that it won't happen but the reporting of this whole saga has been shambolic, from the rags trying to sell him for us, to the washy washy rubbish we've seen all day today

There still isn't an official bid, I'm still half convinced they're going to try and under cut the clause and paint us as dickheads when it's rejected

The link between all these supposed news outlets, is the money they make from re-hashing the same rubbish.

I'm sure they all collude, if everyone prints the same rubbish...no one "media outlet" are held accountable for starting it, but they can all milk the click bait.

I have no opinion on whether he stays or goes, just know that I am cynical of all these bullshit feeders.  Let my guard down with the Delph case and got caught up in the furore of "if everyone is saying it, it must be true" but I'll just sit tight on this story.  My opinion of how I would like the situation to pan out won't change...and that is show me the money, and only the money.

Let my guard down with the Delph case and got caught up in the furore of "if everyone is saying it, it must be true" 

But it was true?

But it actually wasn't, was it...because if you believe the story, the deal was done and the decision was made already.

Delph set a precedent for u-turns, but I think he was unique (and a bit mad) Benteke's career says that he does not stay long and takes a move when he gets offered it (he took us after all).

Â