Christian Benteke

Kwan

I think adebayor would do a decent job under sherwood for a season. He knows the prem, worked well under sherwood before and tends to hit the ground running for new clubs.

That would give us a chance to maybe pick a rabbit out the hat a la benteke as I don't believe a suitable replacement is staring us in the face.

Despite being resigned to the likely apparant outcome (Liverpool), i still hold hope out that Benteke will have a Delph-like flash of inspiration, and while the likelihood if him staying is low, i now genuinely want him to move to utd, as opposed to plop.

Do it Chris. At least go somewhere you are needed, play in big games and probably win medals.

I really dont mind him going but Liverpool? The graveyard of strikers. With no CL? Really?

He's immeasurably better than going there. I hope Man Utd hijack the deal. 

Well I thought that but then again Suarez didn't exactly go there and rot did he? They nearly won the title and got CL football.

If they keep hold of Balotelli and they play Sturridge, Benteke and Balotelli in a 3 they could destroy teams next season. I'd prefer him to think Liverpool is not enough of a step up, but who are we trying to kid? Relegation scrap or fight for top 4? Even for purely football reasons that makes sense, let alone the cash.

he scored pretty much a goal every other game for us, in a team that wasn't exactly renowned for making a lot of chances. Obviously ideal world he would have moved to Serie A or Spain, anywhere he couldn't come back and score against us. Still though we got him for £8m and he's going for £32m. If his replacement(s) are half as good we'll be ok.

Embolo got 10 goals last season, dont see why people think he should come in and automatically replace Benteke

10 goals in 18 appearances with only 9 being starts. Sounds pretty good to me.

Regarding Austin..

“It is a question you have to give to my doctor,” said Bruce.

“He has never missed a game because of his knee, has he? We identified him. I think he would have been a real terrific player for us. As he has proved, he is a goalscorer with a fantastic attitude.”

new QPR boss Chris Ramsey said: “I am very glad he failed that medical. Charlie will have the bit between his teeth as he does anyway.”

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/559558/Hull-boss-Steve-Bruce-Charlie-Austin-QPR

Didn't see this earlier but makes you think something must be there. It's why I also think he is still at QPR as it stands.

Can't see us taking the gamble.

We should get about £29m then, not too bad really.

What do you reckon he will get as a loyalty bonus? Never thought of that. 5%?

I'd be interested in knowing if a loyalty bonus is applicable in the circumstances of a release clause being met, because we didn't actively attempt to sell the player, rather we were contractually obligated to accept an offer and it was up to the player to decide to go. I wouldn't be surprised if there's no loyalty payment in this situation

• Like 1

Embolo got 10 goals last season, dont see why people think he should come in and automatically replace Benteke

10 goals in 18 appearances with only 9 being starts. Sounds pretty good to me.

In the Swiss league and then moving to Villa when the pressure will be unbearable as people expecting him to replace Benteke. Could kill the guys career

Â