Christian Benteke

Kwan

I'm actually not too fussed about this. I mean it happens every season, to every club, ever. It's the football circle of life.

At least this might actually help us kick on a little bit, as in stand still in mid table.

Won't be be bored stood on the pitch waiting for a player to get the ball to him. They need a winger that can do that and in my opinion they don't have that.

As it stands I think it's 50/50 they will sign him.

im a tad shocked a top club has not come in for him,

with man u they have moved on rvp & falcao,

chelsea moved drogba

ars.. they just wait 

city..sterling etc etc

i can only thing they dont rate CB

when cb plays international football hes not performed to well, (wales) !

when we wanted a performance in THE FA CUP FINAL, cb went missing big time!!!

rogers is under pressure this year,he might be the first scalp to get the chop this year,

i think 32m is way overpriced & it will cost rogers his job

Talk Sport have said this morning that Liverpool are set to trigger his release clause. They do not seem to be in a rush to do it though do they? 

The tortoise with the bid on his back that left Anfield yesterday is reported to have spent last night in Stanley Park. I guess Benteke did a Peter Odemwingie last night and spent the night n his car at Anfield? ;)   

L'Equipe this morning are running their main Sports page with the story we're in talks with Anthony Martial from Monaco. Young and only 19 so the potential we could see him in supplemented with the addition of Adebayor until he finds his stride?

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Article/Martial-priorite-de-villa/53760

With the potential windfall Benteke transfer to Liverpool (€ 46 million), the Birmingham club s' prepares to restart its offensive on the Monegasque Anthony Martial.

DEPARTURES FROM Andre Ayew of Marseille, Dimitri Payet, Lille's Idrissa Gueye or the Stéphanois Franck Tabanou, it is a certainty: the Premier League has decided to anticipate the outlandish television rights payments from next summer attacking the French market ...

I can't pull the rest of the story but SW are running an extended version

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/aston-villa-set-to-beat-tottenham-to-striker-will-pay-more-talks-

Aston Villa, as L'Equipe would have it, have almost got their Christian Benteke money and are strutting around France's Ligue1 picking up the best talent they can see available. Despite protests from the club otherwise, everyone at AS Monaco is for sale for the right price, the French principality club have taken on the Portuguese blueprint of buying low and selling high and it's something which looks like it could work for them, financially anyway.

In June British newspapers including The Independent said that Tottenham were trying to buy Anthony Martial for a fee in the region of £18m. That always sounded too much, Tottenham wouldn't knowingly overpay for anyone, and why should they. 

It was all coming from France and France Football had said that Tottenham and Monaco had agreed a €25m transfer for the 19 year old. France Football are usually pretty good, but someone was proving them with information and it clearly wasn't right. We said at the time:

'Yet the information appears to have been dud because nothing has happened and Monaco's president Vadim Vasilyev has said the player isn't for sale. He will be for sale, everyone at Monaco is for sale for the right price. Le10 Sport say that Daniel Levy has held a meeting with Vasilyev and the Russian laid out his not for sale patter, which will be to force Tottenham into a higher bid. Levy isn't likely to play that game and so this could be a non starter unless things change from Monaco's side. The French club will look to sell one or two big name players this summer and if that hasn't happened soon then Tottenham's Martial interest becomes more of an issue, and Levy will know that. '

Tottenham simply wouldn't pay what Monaco wanted, regardless of what tricks the club used to get them to do so. Tottenham didn't have the need for a striker so much and weren't prepared to blow the budget. Aston Villa are in a different situation and L'Equipe think the chance of Martial moving there is so big they've squeezed it on to their front page on Friday... during Le Tour de France football struggles to get in the first half of the sport newspaper, never-mind the front page!

L'Equipe say Aston Villa have already started talks with the player's entourage to find out his personal demands and will look to match what the club want for him. We very much doubt it would be as high as the €25m previously mentioned but Martial is worth more to Villa than to Spurs, given the exit of Benteke. 
  • Like 1

Even with Kozak we're really struggling for numbers upfront. Gabby is past it now, if Kozak can step up great, we've shifted bent and weimann.

If Benteke goes, we need at least 3 new strikers. One proven premier league talent, a promising youngster and someone to cover the starting strikers for injuries etc

WIth This in mind I Still think that Tim has a plan you don't get rid if you don't believe that you will fill the gaps. Two new forwards and one more winger/att mid will be on his shopping list and youth given a chance (Robinson/Calder etc) also another midfielder of some type and a lb and cb so I think 6 more in and the rest youth! That should do us then January and onwards he can fine tune his squad!

Kristoff terruer

Benteke update: Aston Villa and Liverpool are still discussing how the payments will be staggered. Clause has been triggered. #lfc #avfc

I might be wrong but wouldn't Lollerpool have to pay the full 32,5 million as whole sum instead of spread through months/years? Sounds like bs.

• Like 1

Â