Christian Benteke

Kwan

With a management team of Fox/Almstadt/Reilly/Sherwood/Wilkins I'm a lot more confident that we can purchase a good replacement with the Benteke cash.

As opposed to Lambert who actually bought Benteke in the first place?

With a management team of Fox/Almstadt/Reilly/Sherwood/Wilkins I'm a lot more confident that we can purchase a good replacement with the Benteke cash.

As opposed to Lambert who actually bought Benteke in the first place?
His one beacon of joy in an otherwise ocean of unspeakable shit.

I just can't for the life of me understand why Arsenal aren't in for him, he would transform them he really would.

Giroud?

He is a far better player than Giroud.

When he is on form he is. 

Its going to be a real shame not seeing him in a Villa shirt next season. Fully expected, but all the same.

Liverpool are a massive club, but I really feel he could do much better.

We must spend the money wisely and invest in two strikers in my opinion.

This is what I think too. Young, looks very impressive on Youtube (I know), scores goals and is very highly rated. He would be my choice.

Sign his teammate Praet also as a sweetener ;)

I just can't for the life of me understand why Arsenal aren't in for him, he would transform them he really would.

Giroud?

Well he has been on better form than Giroud for the 3 years he has been here.

Benteke has got 42 in 88 games for us over 3 seasons, Giroud got 41 in 97.

That is before we even get into the players around them and the number of chances created not to mention Benteke had to make a return from a major injury during that time.

Giroud is nowhere near Benteke's ability.

• Like 2

Did we offer him an improved contract? If not, why not?

There was talk I think of us going as high as £90k a week (although I took that with a large pinch of salt).

I think it would be well worth offering him that for another year on his existing contract with the same £32.5m escape clause to rescue him from the potential hell of spending a couple of years playing for a club whose fans do not want him on a similar salary to play a couple of games in the Europa League and less games than he would for us in the PL.

Or could it be that we need to sell to buy? If so, we need to do that as well as Southampton did with less money.

By the way that tortoise that I mentioned that had left Anfield this morning with their £32.5m bid is still some way from Villa Park it seems. ;)   

Giroud?

Well he has been on better form than Giroud for the 3 years he has been here.

Benteke has got 42 in 88 games for us over 3 seasons, Giroud got 41 in 97.

That is before we even get into the players around them and the number of chances created not to mention Benteke had to make a return from a major injury during that time.

Giroud is nowhere near Benteke's ability.

Didn't Giroud also have a major injury ?

I rate Giroud I think when he's on form he's a very good forward ... And also a different sort of forward to Benteke imo ... So ability wise it would be hard to compare but I wouldn't mind having them both in my squad

Â