The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Dont think anyone knows - maybe including JG himself.

I do think JG leaving is a realistic prospect right now if I am honest. Be gutted if he does - but life goes on (almost)

I remember as young kid being close to tears when Bruce Rioch left us for Derby in the 1970s !!!

• Like 3

One thing to consider, and its only relevant to Jack, is that he hasn't experienced the buzz of a full villa park for a very long time. 

Surely as a villa fan, and I'm sure you'd all think the same, he'd want to play a season of his best football in a full VP. All singing his name while we're doing well in the Premier league. 

For me that would be as good as a prem winners medal with man City considering where we've come from since he. Broke into the team. 

Edited by Yorkie18
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

I wouldn't sell him for any fee. But what we know is that he nearly went last year, and then signed a new 5 year contract. It's not unreasonable to assume that he did this with the understanding that he'd be allowed to leave if a certain amount was matched.

Sorry mate that isn’t accurate.  Jack himself said he didn’t know what was happening for ages and then eventually we sat down with him and offered the contract.  Why we took so long I don’t know but he was nowhere near leaving last summer.  No bids, no talks just limbo which was resolved.

Given how these owners have invested in this club why would they go into a gentleman agreement, it’s not them or matching their ambition.  If Jack had wanted something like that his agent would’ve included a release clause.  Gentleman agreement tend to only happen when you are mid contract and not when you are signing a new contract.

Even Barnett on his interview recently seemed dejected that Jack wouldn’t be sold but tried at the end to give himself hope by saying something like “you never know”.

As predicted by many on here this is just a preamble to Jack signing a new 250k contract for us.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Just to clarify here, SkyBet are entirely separate from skysports

😂😂😂 You believe that retaining the Sky brand, using Sky employees to advertise, largely advertising on SkySports, clickable betting links to SkyBet through sky sports articles, paying SkySports a referral and advertising fees is entirely separate?

On another note, I have knowledge of a Nigeria prince with large amounts money that is stuck in BoN, all he needs is access to british bank details. If you could kindly pass on you bank details you will be handsomely rewarded..

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Wages are an issue here. Sancho is on 350k a week. Grealish is a better player. 

Can we pay that? and will we? Dressing room harmony etc. 

Looking at it from another angle - Jack has improved year on year and has been rewarded accordingly. This shows if the others improve they too will be rewarded too.

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yes we can. 

Everyone at the club understands Grealish is a level above. 

Matt Maher is a reliable reporter, usually if he says something is happening then there's a good chance that there's a degree of truth to it. Express and Star are pretty reliable as an whole, as they aren't clickbait driven operation like a lot of the other news sites.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Pay him  £250k per week. Other mega players think ooooooooo let's see what happening at Villa. 

Probably pay Barnett some moolah as well to just **** off.

Agreed, but I’d prefer Nassef pay a hitman if he wants Barnett to **** off. 

• Like 2

Just now, pas5898 said:

Yes we can. 

Everyone at the club understands Grealish is a level above. 

Yeah, I think this too. I think every other player at the club knows full well how important Grealish is to us. I don't think anyone would kick up a fuss if he got paid mega money.  The other players would just be glad he's here and they're playing with him.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

Dont think anyone knows - maybe including JG himself.

I do think JG leaving is a realistic prospect right now if I am honest. Be gutted if he does - but life goes on (almost)

I remember as young kid being close to tears when Bruce Rioch left us for Derby in the 1970s !!!

Sir Brian almost signing for that rabble had the same effect on me 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Not at Dortmund he isn't. He's on £160k to £190k per week approx.

2 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

😂😂😂 You believe that retaining the Sky brand, using Sky employees to advertise, largely advertising on SkySports, clickable betting links to SkyBet through sky sports articles, paying SkySports a referral and advertising fees is entirely separate?

On another note, I have knowledge of a Nigeria prince with large amounts money that is stuck in BoN, all he needs is access to british bank details. If you could kindly pass on you bank details you will be handsomely rewarded..

yes i believe that

skybet are owned by flutter entertainment, not sky group

when the sky employees advertise sky bet, its flutter that pay their wages effectively. flutter/skybet pay a fee for the rights to use the sky brand.

9 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Just to clarify here, SkyBet are entirely separate from skysports

Legally they're separate entities but have close working relationships. Flutter Entertainment (Sky Bet owners) are the biggest purchasers of advertising space on Sky Group channels iirc.

They're in cahoots to steal money from poor addicts imo, seems pretty clear. This has been the case since before Sky Group sold Sky Bet a few years ago and I'm pretty sure will continue to be the case until transfer betting is banned.

• Thanks 1

Â