The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I may as well make use of that Torygraph subscription for good... 

Aston Villa are in talks with Jack Grealish over a new contract, as Manchester City line up a £100 million record-breaking offer for the England international.

Grealish is one of Pep Guardiola's main targets as he prepares to defend the Premier League title and City are prepared to make their move when England's Euro 2020 campaign is over.

The Villa captain, 25, has been admired by Guardiola for some time and City will submit a bid which they hope will make Grealish the most expensive player in English football.

But Villa are determined to keep Grealish at the club and have made initial moves to improve his £125,000-a-week contract, less than a year after he signed a new long-term deal with the club.

Villa have already signed Emiliano Buendia for a club record £33 million this summer, and have also made an ambitious move for Arsenal's Emile Smith Rowe, with the club's owners Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens keen to continue their upward momentum under Dean Smith.

Sawiris and chief executive Christian Purslow held talks with Grealish last summer and persuaded him to stay, with the attacking midfielder subsequently producing his best season in the Premier League.

Villa finished 11th last season and believe Grealish can help drive them towards possible European qualification if he stays. Smith is also envisaging his team with Grealish in it next season, with all his summer targets identified as playing alongside him.

However, the interest from champions City is genuine and they will be able to offer Grealish the huge incentive of Champions League football.

Despite Grealish's unquestioned loyalty to the club he joined at the age of six, the lure of European competition will be significant. He will be 26 in September and has still not played in a European game at any level for his club.

Villa sources have insisted no move to City is imminent and official negotiations between the two clubs have not taken place.

Grealish impressed in England's victory over the Czech Republic on Tuesday night and is poised to start against Germany next week.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/06/25/manchester-city-lining-100m-bid-jack-grealish-aston-villa/

• Thanks 3

I think he'll stay. This is a short and disrupted pre-season and selling JG now, or more likely following a protracted weeks long saga, would be extremely bad for next season's prep. I don't think the powers at be are that stupid or desperate for the money as to derail our season like this. If we go into next season half cocked and without Grealish we could literally be risking a relegation scrap.

If and when JG is sold I think it will be agreed before the end of the season so the move can happen quickly and the money can be reinvested.

27 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Wages are an issue here. Sancho is on 350k a week. Grealish is a better player. 

Can we pay that? and will we? Dressing room harmony etc. 

That's 18 million. So yes yes we can pay that. Although it would most likely be via convoluted methods to get around FFP. 

Just now, GENTLEMAN said:

So glad we've not go the cuck Randy Lerner in charge anymore...

Very smart by the Owners, forced control of the narrative. They will offer Jack the world to stay but if he does go that is on him. He will have to force the move and turn his back. This is an ownership with their finger on the pulse. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

So glad we've not go the cuck Randy Lerner in charge anymore...

18 million release clause or City will re-sign Stephen Ireland to put in a swap

When this broke an hour so ago everyone in the office (all non villa fans) were trying to wind me up, I offered to take an even money bet with all of them that Jack would stay - sadly none of them took me up on it.

There is no doubt in my mind that he’s staying. We couldn’t replace the player with £100m, we couldn’t replace the commercial value, or the image selling him would portray.

You would have to be idiots to even entertain the idea, and thankfully the people now running our club are certainly not that. 

Edited by av1

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

It would damage Kanes ego ifJack went for more 😂

Think that's just shit talk mate. Kane has had a revolving door of managers and players in and out at Spurs the last few years. He's had a bad euro's but he's a consummate pro and very consistent.

Edited by Johnnyp

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

Ok, that’s way too many pages to read. What’s actually going on?

Jack's good at football and people are realising just how good. Which is good, or maybe bad depending on how much they like him. But we don't know yet. 

I hope this helps

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

So there we have it.

City want Jack - It's real. 
We've offered him a new contract. 

It will be touch and go whether we keep him.

Essentially yes but the price still needs to be right. We still hold the cards here

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

Ok, that’s way too many pages to read. What’s actually going on?

Sky broke news that Jack was going to City, sky bet cleaned up suspending betting, then sky backtracked.

And this isn’t illegal 

I think he will stay as I doubt Manchester City will pay the fee required, having an interested and making a bid is one thing, but giving us an amount that we think is acceptable is another. We already knew that The Citizens would like to sign him as would every other club in the world, basically after all these rumours nothing has changed other than that we now know that we're in talks with him over a new contract.

Personally I'd be sad to see Grealish go for £200 million, he is such an asset to the club on and off the pitch.

£200 million wouldn't cover all of that, the owners know this.

We invest in Grealish and invest in the team around him.

Â