The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

Ok, that’s way too many pages to read. What’s actually going on?

Media created a story because they are unable to grasp  a fact that another team wants to build a team around a world class player and compete 

• Like 2

Still think its 50/50. Jacks recent comments re playing in Europe to showcase his talents around the world or words to that effect are quite significant.

Heart says new contract with minimum double your pay terms.....head says opportunity to sign for City prob too good to turn down...hopefully closer to 130-140M IF he goes.

Edited by eholm

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

Media created a story because they are unable to grasp  a fact that another team wants to build a team around a world class player and compete 

I don't think it was created. I think City's interest is serious. I also think Villa's ambitions and want to keep him are serious.

I think Villa hierarchy released the most recent stories to wrestle back control of narrative.

• Like 1

The club have never been in a better position to play hard ball and keep him BUT ultimatley it'll be Jacks decision as to whether he moves or not. City and the garuanteed title, CL opportunities may well be too difficult for him to turn down. The Euros will have given him a taste of the big time and he's going to want to playing at that level asap. Whether he feels we can get there quickly enough with Villa is another story. 

But what I will say is 2/3 big players this summer isnt enough to get us in the CL next season (unless we perform out of our skins). Our squad depth is still way off the bigger teams. 

• Like 2

If city's interest is real, then it looks as though they want to spend something in the region of 250m on Kane and Grealish this Summer. 

It sounds mental, but I suppose they'll move Sterling/Bernado on or a couple of players for around 100m. 

1 minute ago, eholm said:

Still think its 50/50. Jacks recent comments re playing in Europe to showcase his talents around the world or words to that effect are quite significant.

Heart says new contract with minmum doiubel your pay terms.....head says opportunity to sign for City prob too good to turn down...hopefully closer to 130-140M IF he goes.

If you're reading into comments he made, he said 'Europa' or 'Champions League'. Surely the draw of doing that with Villa is greater than doing it with City. Maybe he will go, but I do not think its beyond the realms of strong possibility that he stays, for this season at least.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

I don't think it was created. I think City's interest is serious. I also think Villa's ambitions and want to keep him are serious.

I think Villa hierarchy released the most recent stories to wrestle back control of narrative.

100%. I think the new contract was going to happen, City’s interest sped the process up. They just need to reaffirm the ambitions from last year. 

2 minutes ago, villaglint said:

The club have never been in a better position to play hard ball and keep him BUT ultimatley it'll be Jacks decision as to whether he moves or not. City and the garuanteed title, CL opportunities may well be too difficult for him to turn down. The Euros will have given him a taste of the big time and he's going to want to playing at that level asap. Whether he feels we can get there quickly enough with Villa is another story. 

But what I will say is 2/3 big players this summer isnt enough to get us in the CL next season (unless we perform out of our skins). Our squad depth is still way off the bigger teams. 

The flip side of this is that the Euros has also shown him what it's like sitting on the bench and not getting on the pitch. 

You'd think he'd back himself to play each week if he did move to City, just playing devils advocate. 

• Like 3

If Man City were to buy him for £100m they'd have to break their transfer record for a signing by £40m, I don't think they will do that for Grealish, they might genuinely want him, but ultimately they won't give us what we want, will probably try and fob us off with a player plus cash deal, but I don't think that we'd accept anything of that sort.

4 minutes ago, villaglint said:

. The Euros will have given him a taste of the big time and he's going to want to playing at that level asap. Whether he feels we can get there quickly enough with Villa is another story. 

The Euros will also have given him a taste of what it's like to NOT be the top man, a starter, or guaranteed the ball whenever he wants it as well though, in the same breath 🤷🏾

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Reminder that Wes Eden's Milwaukee Bucks were linked to lose their star player before...

image.png.01946435eaac2792d8949b3b3c69bc98.png

Lets see a Grealish headline like this in the near future please.

We already have…

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Think that's just shit talk mate. Kane has had a revolving door of managers and players in and out at Spurs the last few years. He's had a bad euro's but he's a consummate pro and very consistent.

I think his ego is rampant from demanding to play 2 finals when not fit to stealing goals from his team mates and now thinking he is an elite playmaker

• Like 1

Â