The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Wages are an issue here. Sancho is on 350k a week. Grealish is a better player. 

Can we pay that? and will we? Dressing room harmony etc. 

not yet Sancho is on that, United still cheaping out on a deal ;) 

11 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Grealish gets a monster new contract. He’s got all the cards at Villa. Why’d you leave? He’s got the billionaire owners on FaceTime 

To be fair, the way his star is rising, his wages aren't/shouldn't even just be based on the Football alone anymore.

The lad will help us bring in endorsement deals, top players and TV footage plus.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lerner's Driver said:

I'm not choosing to believe anything, the guy I quoted has though, if his post is anything to go by.

I am retaining an open mind on the likelihood that Jack will leave because it definitely could happen.

That's not negative, it's realistic based on what has happened with other players in other clubs before.

I have not chosen to believe anything. I am just sick and tired of all the fans saying "he is off" based on stupid rumors. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

yes i believe that

skybet are owned by flutter entertainment, not sky group

when the sky employees advertise sky bet, its flutter that pay their wages effectively. flutter/skybet pay a fee for the rights to use the sky brand.

Come now. Do you not think that is a tad naive? Can you not see a conflict of interest at all?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Legally they're separate entities but have close working relationships. Flutter Entertainment (Sky Bet owners) are the biggest purchasers of advertising space on Sky Group channels iirc.

They're in cahoots to steal money from poor addicts imo, seems pretty clear. This has been the case since before Sky Group sold Sky Bet a few years ago and I'm pretty sure will continue to be the case until transfer betting is banned.

meh - i'm not convinced.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12341414/jack-grealish-man-city-plan-formal-offer-after-euro-2020-as-aston-villa-open-contract-talks-with-star

there  would be a link to the market to bet on him staying/going within the article if that were the case. you don't tend to see those markets getting pushed too much during transfer reporting

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

Dont think anyone knows - maybe including JG himself.

I do think JG leaving is a realistic prospect right now if I am honest. Be gutted if he does - but life goes on (almost)

I remember as young kid being close to tears when Bruce Rioch left us for Derby in the 1970s !!!

More chance that it doesnt happen.

4 Years left on his contract, he's generally happy at Villa and owners that dont want to sell and have no need to.  Man City, are they going to spend the money to buy Jack.  If they have bid 100m for Kane and lets say they bid 100m for Jack.  How much are they likely to keep going because they arent getting both for those kind of prices are they.  I believe they have genuine interest and if they could wrap up a deal quickly they would but we dont want to sell, we dont have an unhappy player....this isnt going to happen so I think given the probability it's highly unlikely to happen.

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Edens has previous with this. He made Giannis the best paid player in NFL history at the Bucks. Us doing the same with Grealish would be comparable. 

7 Things Hardcourt can Learn from BASEketball | 3-2-1 POLO! Hardcourt Bike  Polo News3-2-1 POLO! Hardcourt Bike Polo News

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, David-Copenhagen said:

I have not chosen to believe anything. I am just sick and tired of all the fans saying "he is off" based on stupid rumors. 

I agree, within a space of a couple of hours it's gone from he's "definitely off" to the club refusing anything if it comes in, nothing has come in and the club are talking to the player to sign a new deal.  You really cant explain how poor the sports journalists are in this country.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Come now. Do you not think that is a tad naive? Can you not see a conflict of interest at all?

there's probably a conflict of interest of course. but my original response was at the accusation that tabloids/sky make transfer stories up to push the transfer/manager betting markets. which i don't think is the case

I can't believe how a few known bullshitting idiots can have this affect on people time after time. Operation betting on something that's not happening v4368.3 complete. Money hauled in: £14,897,561.00.

Same time next month.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

Every summer. Yet he is still here. If we weren't in the Euros I wouldn't even come into this thread.

He is worth more to us than £100-120m. The marketing pull is getting bigger and bigger. He'll be like Beckham or Ronaldo where shirt sales make millions and millions a season. It's ashame that he hasn't been given more time for England cause they'll be kids watching that don't watch the Villa and would start to follow us. He is the most unique player. 

The difference in prize money between 6th and 18th is 150 million when factoring Europe the following season.

Not even including the chance at relegation. If we sold Jack we go from European contenders to a relegation battle pretty quickly. So we instantly lose 150 million in revenue before taking into account Grealish has a another 3 years left on his deal. So really he should be worth about 600 million to us as a club. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Wages are an issue here. Sancho is on 350k a week. Grealish is a better player. 

Can we pay that? and will we? Dressing room harmony etc. 

Jack's the exception to the rule, other players know hes on a different planet to them. Longest serving player, paid his dues and a genuine world class talent - its not like some fancy sigining coming in and picking up 200k week or someone getting a deal after a good season. Tbh some of our lot might be embarrassed to earn close to what he does given how often they shovel him for the ball and hope for him to do something. 

Edited by villanmac
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, villanmac said:

Jack's the exception to the rule, other players know hes on a different planet to them. Longest serving player, paid his fues and a genuine world class talent - its not like some fancy sigining coming in and picking up 200k week or someone getting a deal after a good season. Tbh some of our lot might be embarrassed to earn close to what he does given how often they shovel him for the ball and hope for him to do something. 

So true. 

In terms of how unsettling this is for the club, they'll want to get this tied down as quickly as possible. Potential targets will be looking at this circus surrounding Grealish and it is off putting. 

• Like 1

Â