The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

meh - i'm not convinced.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12341414/jack-grealish-man-city-plan-formal-offer-after-euro-2020-as-aston-villa-open-contract-talks-with-star

there  would be a link to the market to bet on him staying/going within the article if that were the case. you don't tend to see those markets getting pushed too much during transfer reporting

There is literally a link to sky bet in the navigation menu at the top (might be different on mobile). Home, Sports, Scores, Video, TV, SkyBet.

The relationship between these two groups is so clear to me it's basically symbiotic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why is everyone fixating on this mythical '100m' figure as well. Is it a release clause do we think or are they just speculating about how much he might cost?

Honestly, if Kane is going for 130m or whatever Spurs want, there's your bar. No way he leaves for less that 130m unless there is the exit clause. 

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Why is everyone fixating on this mythical '100m' figure as well. Is it a release clause do we think or are they just speculating about how much he might cost?

Honestly, if Kane is going for 130m or whatever Spurs want, there's your bar. No way he leaves for less that 130m unless there is the exit clause. 

It would damage Kanes ego ifJack went for more 😂

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

there's probably a conflict of interest of course. but my original response was at the accusation that tabloids/sky make transfer stories up to push the transfer/manager betting markets. which i don't think is the case

You only have to take 5 minutes to watch the markets whenever one of these 'stories' crawls out the woodwork. It's not exactly a conspiracy theory up there with the magic bullet. 

Of course they benefit from it in multiple ways, clickbait & viewing figures inc. But the idea that just because SkyBet aren't owned by Sky Group anymore that there aren't strong ties between the two is beyond naïve. It's a denial of human nature. 

• Like 1

Just now, tomav84 said:

there's probably a conflict of interest of course. but my original response was at the accusation that tabloids/sky make transfer stories up to push the transfer/manager betting markets. which i don't think is the case

They ‘speculate’ transfer stories up to gain clicks, and drive advertising revenue AND to push transfer/manager betting markets to also drive advertising revenue from bookies. It’s a good business model.

Do you think Sky Sports want you to bet responsibly on transfer activity with SkyBet or other betting companies?

So let me get this right. Jack's agent has had a meeting with NSWE/Purslow even though he doesn't currently have an offer to run by them, and they have graciously agreed that Jack's four year contract can be torn up should the agent actually persuade a club to come up with an offer in the near future .... Is that what this 'clickbait' is asking us to believe? 

You have to take your hat off to Jonathan Barnett who apparently has cunningly persuade the 'naive Villa owners' that contracts mean nothing when the mighty agent want to act.

Two ruthless billionaires rolling over and having their tummies tickled by JB .... Hmmm, I don't think so.

Â