The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Gotta say it was always at the back of my mind when we went for Smith Rowe having already signed Buendia.  Looks like we'll be making ambitious approaches but are we about to lose half of our pulling power?

4 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I'd rather City than anyway because I am completely apathetic about them, despite being really good they are just nothing,  Would hurt more seeing him in the shirt of a club I dislike like Man United or Chelsea.

So weird, I feel exactly the same way. They're just a non entity. Completely harmless. I actually want them to win the PL most seasons so that United and Liverpool don't. 

• Like 3

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

So weird, I feel exactly the same way. They're just a non entity. Completely harmless. I actually want them to win the PL most seasons so that United and Liverpool don't. 

It’s like playing for the Harlem Globetrotters 

i would be shocked, gutted and worried if this is true.

However, if it did happen and we reinvested every penny, ie: the £100m from Grealish plus another £80-100 that we were going to spend (ie: £200m total), then i might not have a nervous breakdown......

I think if we reinvested 200m PROPERLY, we could manage without Grealish (although i wouldnt want to).

Edited by MaVilla

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The bookies odds being odds on all summer. Now I admit that’s a pretty crap thing to go on but I find if I accept he is probably leaving. It won’t be as disappointing if it got confirmed. 

Na it hasn't been odds on for him to leave. They had the market for next club which had Man City as favourites. It's only this morning that City have gone big odds on versus him staying. Sadly.

13 minutes ago, MCU said:

Shut up Jim.

Jim White talks sh**e. Why would we, Jack's agents or Manchester City want this known now? The more people that jump on the bandwagon, the more people will begin to believe that there is actually some truth in this "fairy story". They just struggle to understand why a top international player would not be doing everything he possibly can to get a move from "little" Aston Villa to Manchester City, Manchester City, Chelsea or anywhere else. If Citeh did offer £100m, I would come back at them by offering £100m for Foden, so that they can begin to see how it feels to get offers for players that don't want to leave and who are not for sale at any price!

Not Happening GIFs | Tenor 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Same. I hate the other 5 clubs so much more. 

Only thing that makes me somewhat skeptical (aka hopeful that it won't happen) is City already having bid £100m+ for Kane. Just seems a bit odd that a club that have yet to spend that kind of fee on any one player would now do so simultaneously for two separate players that play in different positions. Are they going to sign both, which would be unprecedented, or is it one or the other, in which case they surely have more of a pressing need for Kane than Jack.

Like every summer we can only wait and see anyway, no point in getting caught up in all the nonsense that comes with the rumour mill.

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Gotta say it was always at the back of my mind when we went for Smith Rowe having already signed Buendia.  Looks like we'll be making ambitious approaches but are we about to lose half of our pulling power?

If this deal gets done, and I think its probably 50/50, then we need to be signing as many players before it happens as possible. 

I've always said it, but at some point, we'll sign a player that will really make me think Grealish is off. Buendia and ESR aren't those players, but if we go and drop 45-50m on a wide player or something in that region, I'll be resigned to it happening. 

Guess this comes down to Jack and if he wants to leave. I've no doubt we don't 'need' the money. Think this might be a non starter to be honest. Media are bored and need something to report on.

7 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I'd rather City than anyway because I am completely apathetic about them, despite being really good they are just nothing,  Would hurt more seeing him in the shirt of a club I dislike like Man United or Chelsea.

Yes my father in law is a Man city fan, been going 40 years, and his response to the link was that hed rather we keep Grealish, as he fits Villa and hes a fan, and they can just get anyone from anywhere. It's just a dream team that happens to be based in Manchester.

23 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It would explain Buendia, always thought we didnt need both.

Man City in for Grealish and Kane, football over. 

Just thinking Buendia can replace Jack on his own is very very naive thinking, bit like thinking N'zogiba could replace Young.

I mean we're talking about Buendia being an option for the right and replacing Traore or perhaps taking over the Barkley role.

We'd need 2-3 top class players in to replace Jack imo such is the void he'd leave. Just hope if this is true there is a proper post Grealish plan in place to do that given the mess we made of replacing key players a decade ago.

• Like 1

Â