The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I've not been bothered with speculation. This is tedious link but sportbible have now gone with the story and linked talksport as their spurce.

The concern is that Josh Denzel (off love island) has commented clapping hands. He is good friends with Jack and is doing all the casual interviews in the England camp. For me that's really unnerved me. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQicv0CMDGy/?utm_medium=copy_link

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I've said it before.

Jack in the England camp hearing the likes of Mount and Chillwell talking about that CL football. He will be desperate to play there and how realistic is it to achieve that with Villa?

Reality is we are still miles off the likes of City, Man U, Chelsea and Liverpool and would takes years even getting closer to them

If he goes he goes and we just have to accept it. He has given so much to the club.

West Ham just called to say Hi

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

I've said it before.

Jack in the England camp hearing the likes of Mount and Chillwell talking about that CL football. He will be desperate to play there and how realistic is it to achieve that with Villa?

Reality is we are still miles off the likes of City, Man U, Chelsea and Liverpool and would takes years even getting closer to them

today case GIF

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

The Sun, The daily Mail, Talksport, Jim White?

Jeeze, that’s like believing them Twitter ITKs

Will Ferrell Chill GIF 

This is where I am.

Tabloids get annoyed talking shite into an abyss without getting any response from the player. In this scenario it looks like Grealish isn't giving them the oxygen by denying it, so they've ramped it up to force him into saying something. They're basically an ignored child having a tantrum

It was the same last summer. 

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I've said it before.

Leicester have been close the last two seasons. West Ham were only two points off CL this season! It's not as impossible as people think.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Awol said:

Jim White an Arsenal fan by any chance? Quite possible sections of the media don’t like what Villa are doing and don’t think us impertinent not to sell a player of Jack’s class to one of the Sky 6.

What’s the original basis of this rumour? 

a nasty man on the wireless said its true from his 'sources'

3 minutes ago, MentalM said:

Perhaps Purslow leaked it to Jim White to make Southgate believe Grealish is a City player, hence upping his chance of starting the game vs Germany? 🧐

You sir are on to something 

Its the only way to get Stirling to pass him the ball!

• Haha 2

Will be a totally different dynamic for him though.

He's seen that with England. Where he isn't the "main man" he is just one of many good players.

At Villa he can pretty much do what he want and i feel there is a value in that. Hopefully he stays.

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

They should tell us before the end of the month one way or the other in my opinion. Might help people decide on whether to renew season ticket or not. 

They most certainly should might allow more people who would actually get behind the team when they need it rather than the glory hunters who just want to laud it over their Blues and Wolves supporting friends.

• Like 1

A deal does not become ‘as good as done’ all of a sudden. Either the negotiations have been going on a while and we haven’t heard about it, or the story is massively overexaggerating. 

I believe Ashley Preece had said that he was told to fully expect Jack to be at Villa next season, and that was an article published yesterday. So I’m inclined to believe it’s the latter. 

Also given what we know about Purslow and the owners, they are not exactly known for folding easily, so I find it hard to believe we would just accept the first offer and work so quickly to get a deal done. These major deals do not get done in a matter of days. 

It's down to Jack.

I think accepting a bid of £100m is selling ourselves short. We cannot replace him. This is one of the best in the world.

Who knows where football transfers will be in two years?

We could be looking at £200m with two years left on his deal in summer 2023. And we'll have got two more years of Jack playing for us.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Beastmix said:

Leicester have been close the last two seasons. West Ham were only two points off CL this season! It's not as impossible as people think.

Yeah fair play to Leicester

But even with Buendia i still feel we are mid table, top half side at best.

Jack obviously is desperate for CL football and i can't blame him for leaving for that reason.

• Like 1

Â