The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

48 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

If Jack wants to leave and he is fully entitled to do so, then he's off. Same as for every other player since Bosman.

No he's not fully entitled to do so, he has 4 years left on his contract that still means something and Bosman doesnt change that.   Whether you are talking through his contract which he's not or the one I've heard from other Villa fans of how much he's given and done for us he should be allowed to leave bollocks....we've developed him and pay him massive wages to do this and which he agreed to (at least for another four years).  Yes other clubs could've done it for him but it was us who have nurtured all these years including his bad discipline days so we should get the benefit of that especially when he agreed it. If Man City came in for him, I would just reject all offers, that's our right to do....we dont have to sell.  Any correspondence from Man City, I would just reply "not interested".  Unless the owners want to sell and we all know they dont but if they did then unless Man City achieve or fee, Jack doesnt leave...full stop.  Bosman doesnt change that, Jack doesnt change that.  Players have a lot of power but so do clubs with the upper hand like we do.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

ignore the speculation - he’s going nowhere 

Click bait #7249 YOU WONT BELIEVE WHERE GREALISH IS GOING

Amazing media reports have given a result that is set to blow football fans minds. Using a technique, probably developed by NASA and called triangulation or something, we can exclusively reveal Jack Grealish will be playing his football at VILLA PARK next season. Grealish is said to be massively grateful of Chelsea’s late bid as without the London club’s offer, Grealish was all set to sign for Port Vale.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

A friend of mine is a neighbour of an AVFC employee (Bodymoor Heath).

He says Jack has the CEO wrapped round his little finger, gets everything and anything he wants and loves it at Villa.

Going nowhere.

That's what I hear anyway.

Just as it should be 😂 

11 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

A friend of mine is a neighbour of an AVFC employee (Bodymoor Heath).

He says Jack has the CEO wrapped round his little finger, gets everything and anything he wants and loves it at Villa.

Going nowhere.

That's what I hear anyway.

That is the line ....I favour....it makes sense.

He would never get the " Big Fish" treatment anywhere else.

My take is.......They failed with the " sneaky 6 " project and now they are trying to disrupt Villa, because they are fearful of our progress and the intention of it.

There is a clamour from all clubs with Money and ambition, to pick up all the starlets from the Euro's......its like a kid in a sweetshop....The media just capitalize as easy pickings.

However, Our players know that something huge is happening with us and the powers that be , will not derail that momentum......I would be surprised, if any of our regular players would want to leave.

Edited by TRO

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

However, Our players know that something huge is happening with us and the powers that be , will not derail that momentum......I would be surprised, if any of our regular players would want to leave.

This is a key, underrated and under-discussed point. So Liverpool want McGinn, great. Does McGinn want Liverpool? There are obvious benefits to joining the clubs that already compete at the top, but there is very little coverage of why players would want to be at teams who are striving to compete. Players at Leicester seem content; will Declan Rice definitely want a move away from a progressive West Ham? It's exciting at these teams. I would imagine a real culture of togetherness and determination to do something special. I'm not sure you're getting that at the teams at the top. 

Edited by Don_Simon
  • Like 1

Honestly, I thought he was gone last summer, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if he did go this time round. On the flip though, I think he'll give us this season, see if we get into Europe, if we do he'll stay if we don't he'll be off. The media can do one, they moaned about the big six breaking away, yet all they do is constantly link the league's best players to them 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grobs said:

I reckon grealish is off. Can’t stand in his way any longer to be honest 

Stand in his way? he’s the one who when presented with a 5 year contract decided to sign it 9 months ago….just 9 months ago.  He didn’t have to sign it, he could’ve said no to any new contract or he could’ve asked for a shorter one but no he signed a long term contract.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lerner's Driver said:

If Jack wants to leave and he is fully entitled to do so, then he's off. Same as for every other player since Bosman

If he wants to leave ‘on a Bosman’, then he has 4 years to wait.

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

ignore the speculation - he’s going nowhere 

In plain words he's the whore of football for all these papers.

Â