The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 minutes ago, eholm said:

It is but if the current climate gives us less value for him, then why not wait unril next Summer and get better value?...unless there is some pre-agreed bits and pieces. 

Whats swept under the carpet is that Jack rarely goes a season without a lengthy injury. If he has a middling season with another injury - I think in relative terms his value may drop.

He also wouldn't be expected to play week in week out at Man City - so this may extend his career. 

Does close to joining man City mean Southgate has to play him vs Germany?? 

:detect:

Gets a buzz around him in the build up to the game doesn't it

Everyone who isn't Gary Neville and Gareth Southgate wants him to play anyway, now he's on the brink of joining the champions for a record fee but he's not good enough to start for England? 

Could be very well played by his agent / team 

Would be strange after his comments in interview over respecting Totti for being a one club man - unless his head’s been turned on England duty. 

I’m not expecting him to leave at all, at least not this summer. 

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

Government should step in and do two things:

1. Ban betting on transfers

2. Make football journalists obligated to cite the source

Completely agree

But on 2 that has wider reaching impact, its not just football news it would be general news and then they can pull in lots of good reasons as to why they are protected 

Just now, foreveryoung said:

300k a week and playing with Debruyne, don't think he would turn it down.

I wouldn't blame him for going. You can see the attraction. 

But Villa now are as stable as they have been in the last 10 years - no doubt his absence will be felt - but competent recruitment should still see us heading in the right direction.

19 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Jim Shite is famous for controversial tweets that drum up calls/texts for his show. 

However, this is a step further and he is really out on a limb with this one. Really hope there's nothing in this.

I can't stand him either but he does know Purslow pretty well, he's been on the morning show 5-6 times in last year.

So I suspect a quick text to him this morning, some confirmation but order to keep the convo private and he's now running with the story like other journos who've probably been tipped off by Barnett who's never shy with a quote to the press.

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Whats swept under the carpet is that Jack rarely goes a season without a lengthy injury. If he has a middling season with another injury - I think in relative terms his value may drop.

He also wouldn't be expected to play week in week out at Man City - so this may extend his career. 

Valid point and i think we do tend to ignore the fact that he's not a stranger to the physio room to say the least. 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Completely agree

But on 2 that has wider reaching impact, its not just football news it would be general news and then they can pull in lots of good reasons as to why they are protected 

I thought that, but just limit it to football transfer rumours. Do something good for the nation for once.

I’m in complete denial, I will only believe it when I see it. I can’t see why he wouldn’t give us one more season and see where we can go. I get the money will be astronomical for him and he’ll win trophies, but he could do that the season after if Villa aren’t going to get there. 

For now, I’m telling myself that it’s all BS and he’ll be looking good in claret and blue next season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Awol said:

Would be strange after his comments in interview over respecting Totti for being a one club man - unless his head’s been turned on England duty. 

He was asked outright about Totti by an Italian Journalist. I feel like it's been made out as though Jack brought it up, but he was directly asked about Totti - I feel like his loyalty is something anybody would say about Totti when asked, can't hold it against Jack who was just trying to answer a weird question on England duty without offending a nation

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

I can't stand him either but he does know Purslow pretty well, he's been on the morning show 5-6 times in last year.

So I suspect a quick text to him this morning, some confirmation but order to keep the convo private and he's now running with the story like other journos who've probably been tipped off by Barnett who's never shy with a quote to the press.

If it was good news then I can see purslow using him to play the game but negative? 

Purslow won't leak this to Jim White, no advantage or angle for him 

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

The comments were meaningless, he was put on the spot by an Italian journalist who didn't understand that his previous twitter reference to Totti was cockney rhyming slang for "hottie" and said the only thing he could think of that was noteworthy about him

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Journalist claims Ashley Young signed as a winger despite spending most of post-Villa career as a wing back. 

Just now, Don_Simon said:

I think Jack is more likely to sign a new contract than leave. 

you have ice running through your veins Don, like it 

• Like 1

Â