The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 minutes ago, Denaldinho said:

It's not impossible but why would he go now? 25 few years of his prime and playing for club he loves.

If villa have not made any progress by all means move to another club but makes no sense to do so now.

To probably quadruple his salary and stock his cabinet with trophy's and medals.

Sadly Man City can offer stuff we can't - and are unlikely to able to do in the foreseeable.

.....anyway we've got Morgan now !!!!

1 minute ago, MachoFantastico said:

Sadly I can see this happening, seems to be enough traction to it. Will be sad to see Jack leave but I would wish him the best. Been amazing for us. 

Yep - huge challenge for DS now.

The worst thing if its true would be we have the chance now to show we are acting like a big club and have the clout to knock back the champions and tell them to do one. Even if Jack did want the move we could get another year out of him to see what we could do this year. Be shocked if it goes through ffs

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Jim Shite is famous for controversial tweets that drum up calls/texts for his show. 

However, this is a step further and he is really out on a limb with this one. Really hope there's nothing in this.

Betting suspended

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

We could have easily milked another £20m

this is the thing for me...100m is what they offered, and got rejected, for harry kane. jack is another level to him.

it's too **** cheap......would lose respect for purslow if he lets him go for 100m

4 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Why do you say that? What do you have to go on but the same old newspapers who (mostly!) write a lot of crap?

The bookies odds being odds on all summer. Now I admit that’s a pretty crap thing to go on but I find if I accept he is probably leaving. It won’t be as disappointing if it got confirmed. 

Strangely, I'm probably more annoyed at the price than the fact Jack may well be off. It was going to happen at some point but he's a once in a generation player and we should be looking at closer to £150M, imo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Harry Kane is one of the best strikers in the world. Take the claret and blue specs off. If he's going, and I hope he isn't, then £100m is about right

Exactly. 100m makes him the most expensive British transfer of all time and that’s during a pandemic with no crowds for a whole season! I’d still much rather we kept him but 100m is a hell of a lot money. 

Worst thing about him leaving will be the meltdown, we don't hear the last of it, I remember when Nathan Baker left, the way people will go will be as if the c

I think he's one of the best players in the world and would get in any team in the world and be one of their best players, so obviously it will be disappointing to lose a player that good, but I don't think it's the end of the world, I mean other teams manage to cope and do better than us and they don't have Jack Grealish, we won't be able to sign someone guaranteed to be good as him, but we can improve the team overall.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Exactly. 100m makes him the most expensive British transfer of all time and that’s during a pandemic with no crowds for a whole season! I’d still much rather we kept him but 100m is a hell of a lot money. 

It is but if the current climate gives us less value for him, then why not wait unril next Summer and get better value?...unless there is some pre-agreed bits and pieces. 

Â