The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

from the tweets and comments from the purslow meeting last night it sounds like he's bored of even talking about it, fed up of saying that he's not leaving

yet here we are again...

i think villa fans generate more traffic on this than anyone else

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Ben White is going to Arsenal for upwards of £50m and of course, transfer fees are relative, but the club isn’t going to accept £100m or close to that. It would be the biggest surrender for NSWE to lose Jack. The Sun can get in the bin as always. 

• Like 2

Articles like this that are annoying and apparently we've accepted terms for Jack to leave after the Euros. These guys must have some wicked relationship with our club and Jack's agent.

Aston Villa have reached an agreement with Jack Grealish's agents to let the England star leave the club when the European Championships end, according to reports. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9724287/Jack-Grealishs-agents-agree-deal-Aston-Villa-let-England-star-leave-Euro-2020.html

Edited by Dave-R

The only way Jack leaves is if he agitates for a move in my view. Our owners are minted, do not need the money and no doubt love having the best player in the league at their club like the rest of us. The prestige and coverage he brings to the club whilst we are rebuilding to be a top 6 side is pretty much invaluable to the owners. 

Any fee raised for JG would largely go straight out the door trying to replace him, and given we are clearly not a sell to buy club at the moment this is not something we need to be doing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, David-Copenhagen said:

If there is no release clause in Jack's contract, and I think we would have heard about it now, then I can't see him leave as a combination of two reasons. 

1. He is worth more than we could get for him for us. There is no way we can get a world class player without Europe and he is our biggest marketing pull. Also he is good for 10-20 points more a season for us. In short unless someone offers us 300m ish it is not a really good deal. 

2. Jack loves Villa like us and I don't see him rocking the boat this season, if any. 

But I still hate all the stories that come out, and I get pissed with all the negative fans who try to protect themselves by being giving up and accepting defeat. 

Absurd, ridiculous statement.

'Negative' fans are protecting themselves from what... the criticism from 'positive' fans like you, who haven't 'given up'?!

And how have you not 'given up'... by passionately believing the opposite?

You can believe whatever you like, we all can, but it makes no difference at all. 

If Jack wants to leave and he is fully entitled to do so, then he's off. Same as for every other player since Bosman.

I'm not saying it's definite, I don't know any more than you do, but don't waste your time 'getting pissed' at fellow fans for being negative when they are just observing what has happened before and could well happen again.

• Like 1

"Let him leave" -- makes no sense. 

A sale is dictated by any given club meeting the set asking price. If Man City or whoever are willing to pay the amount we require (I'd guess north of £120million) then we would sell--same with any player at any club.

He’s a villa fan and yes we’ve had villa fans that  have left in the past, but I feel Jack loves and gets a kick of going against the grain, he thrives in matches off crowd reaction good or bad and I think he’s enjoying the media reaction to him always staying at villa much to their disappointment 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

'Negative' fans are protecting themselves from what... the criticism from 'positive' fans like you, who haven't 'given up'?!

You can believe whatever you like, we all can, but it makes no difference at all. 

If Jack wants to leave and he is fully entitled to do so, then he's off. Same as for every other player since Bosman.

I'm not saying it's definite, I don't know any more than you do, but don't waste your time 'getting pissed' at fellow fans for being negative when they are just observing what has happened before and could well happen again.

kind of disagree

the club have said he's not leaving, several journalists close to the club with seemingly decent links have said he's not leaving, the player himself has made no noise about leaving

so when a rag like the sun or daily mail write up a nonsense piece no doubt from an unidentifiable source from the top of the club say he's leaving, a piece by the way thats aimed purely at tickling man city fans bollocks, you see fans on here dejected and defeated saying he's definitely going then yeah its easy to get pissed off

you're right none of us know the truth or what will happen...but why would you choose to believe the sun over purslow?

maybe its naive but im still not going anywhere near our media or twitter ITKs, dont do it to yourself

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Villa87 said:

The fluidity to bring that down on the turn. Can you imagine any other player apart from Foden maybe doing that?

Dear god if Foden had done that they'd still be talking about it now! 

Harry Kane has done the sum total of Sweet Fvck All at the Euros so far, but we're to believe Spurs will make life difficult for City et al, even with bids of more than £150m being rumoured.

But we'll "allow Jack to leave" for £100m, because we're Aston Villa, a selling club who should be grateful that the mighty Manchester City want one of our players.

They can piss off up the Sancho tree just like their pals from Stretford. Jack has 4 years left and loves the club; if I were the owners I'd be simply saying No. If he still wants to go next summer, I'd shake hands with his agent and say fair enough, but not this summer.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

kind of disagree

the club have said he's not leaving, several journalists close to the club with seemingly decent links have said he's not leaving, the player himself has made no noise about leaving

so when a rag like the sun or daily mail write up a nonsense piece no doubt from an unidentifiable source from the top of the club say he's leaving, a piece by the way thats aimed purely at tickling man city fans bollocks, you see fans on here dejected and defeated saying he's definitely going then yeah its easy to get pissed off

you're right none of us know the truth or what will happen...but why would you choose to believe the sun over purslow?

maybe its naive but im still not going anywhere near our media or twitter ITKs, dont do it to yourself

I'm not choosing to believe anything, the guy I quoted has though, if his post is anything to go by.

I am retaining an open mind on the likelihood that Jack will leave because it definitely could happen.

That's not negative, it's realistic based on what has happened with other players in other clubs before.

Reminds me of the constant speculation linking to Ashley Young to Spurs the entire time he was with us, tabloids making all kinds of claims. He joined United. They know nothing.

I can't see Jack even thinking about Villa during the Euros, or wanting his agents to do anything. After the tournament... maybe he'll review his situation, but he has other things on his mind right now.

31 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

How it is absurd or ridiculous? for the past 3 years we have seen tons of posts saying "he is off", "bye bye Jack" etc. Based on what exactly? That is right nothing really. And yes I am speculating that people take this approach to protect themselves from hoping and then feel hard done by if he ever left. 

But the fact is that for all we know he could stay or he could go. However what is very clear is that we don't want to sell and even the Bosmann ruling can't force anyone to sell - just have a look at the Dortmund/Man U and Sancho situation. 

Until Jack his damn self comes out and says he wants to leave and that is confirmed by REPUTABLE sources than I will worry. I absolutely hate 'media' if you want to call them that like the Sun, Daily Mail, and to put an American spin on it, USA Today etc making up stuff or hypothesizing, conjecturing, whatever you want to call it just to get clicks. Unfortunately, they will continue to do so if people keep on drinking the Kool-Aid

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

kind of disagree

One thing is for sure, the waving of bank notes at Barry shook Citeh fans to their very core. Sure, it was a one-eyed, tribal gesture with a heap of pantomime. But, the truth smarts. They know that the identikit Abu Dhabi club structure could have been airlifted to any club/city in the major European leagues without a squeak of difference.

8 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

Until Jack his damn self comes out and says he wants to leave and that is confirmed by REPUTABLE sources than I will worry. I absolutely hate 'media' if you want to call them that like the Sun, Daily Mail, and to put an American spin on it, USA Today etc making up stuff or hypothesizing, conjecturing, whatever you want to call it just to get clicks. Unfortunately, they will continue to do so if people keep on drinking the Kool-Aid

Tend to agree, Jack knows what us fans are like, we won't cop his agents leaking crap to news sources, he would know we want him to come out and say it.

Edited by QldVilla
  • Like 1

Â