The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

13 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He hasn't looked right in any game since coming back from injury though. Including the two MOTM performances for England.

Takes time to get match fit though, he had 208 minutes in the four games for us which is equivalent to just over 2 games and then the England warm ups.  It generally takes more than that after being out 3 months.  Plus it’s not as if England have been playing well for anybody for Jack to sparkle but he still won two MOTM performances.

Jack should cost well more than £100m if you consider the length of his contract and what players like Dembele and Coutinho went for. Closer to £150m than £100m though I obviously wouldn’t want to sell him at all.

If they offered us say Bernardo Silva and Zinchenko + money that would probably actually be better for us.

12 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Jack should cost well more than £100m if you consider the length of his contract and what players like Dembele and Coutinho went for. Closer to £150m than £100m though I obviously wouldn’t want to sell him at all.

If they offered us say Bernardo Silva and Zinchenko + money that would probably actually be better for us.

I don’t want to sell him but if it came down to it, I don’t want player exchange plus why would Silva join us?  Move from probably the best club side in the world to a current mid table team who he has no affinity with and sold their best player (in this scenario to City).  I would assume Silva would say no to us, he’d want at least Champions League football.

Theres just no scenario in which selling an under contract Jack Grealish benefits us. Player exchanges, Hundred million pound offers; nothing will come close to compensating for the loss of the man who has united the club and the fanbase back to its best footing its had in an awful long time. This is our best chance to get back amongst the higher echelons again and Jack is paramount to all of that and the potential of AVFC becoming something of a force again. He has to sacrifice his Trophy/CL ambition for the club he supports. At least while we’re doing all we can to try and help him realise those ambitions here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

lets hope not!

but, the way he talks about Grealish, shows just what a superstar he is developing in to.

I pray we can continue to develop and give Grealish the European football we will need to have a chance of keeping him long term.

Edited by MaVilla

3 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Now you’ve lost me but I think I get the gist of what you’re saying. Jack is going nowhere. Especially now that the supporting cast is on the rise too. 

Basically the Bucks are a one-man team, with other players that turn up every now and again but not consistently. We're a different proposition IMO but it's a different game. 

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Basically the Bucks are a one-man team, with other players that turn up every now and again but not consistently. We're a different proposition IMO but it's a different game. 

Thanks mate. That’s a fairly accurate description of us last season, albeit perhaps slightly harsh on us. I’m pretty sure that won’t be the case next season and into the future. 

If we do sell Grealish, which I don't think we will but if he did decide that he wants to leave and the club agreed that there is value to which we would accept an offer. I can't see it being for less than £120m tbh. 

I can't see anyone being able to afford him. All the clubs that could potentially tempt us with a silly offer have bigger needs and/or other expensive identified targets. If it were 10 years ago i'd expect Madrid or Barcelona to come in with an insane bid, but the game has changed a bit.

70 million pounds is laughable. He'll be closer to 140mil than 70mil. He's on a long term deal and we have very little interest in selling.

Â