The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Pretty much the only player moving into space and pulling players out of position while being off the ball.

Dropped into the half space making himself available for a pass from midfield plenty of times without anyone passing.

Didn't have enough time to influence the game. But drew a few fouls and carried the ball into the box.

Not a bad cameo at all. 

• Like 2

England need to get Bielsa in as soon as the tournament ends , hell I'd sack Southgate (unprecedented) today and do whatever it takes to get him in. These players are used to attacking football. How many more insipid performances can we tolerate.

With Bielsa in charge England will win Qatar 22. And Jack will be the player of the tournament.

Edited by Sulberto21

Have doubts jack will start the next game. Only due to what Southgate said which was something like

If you are not going to win a game, you need to make sure you don't lose it.

We only need a draw, so this has pick the team that beat Croatia written all over it.

Mount was poor, Sterling bar 2 runs was shocking, Foden was OK.

Rice and phillips were very poor

Kate none existent 

That's down to tactics, you could see that, mings normally will try 4 or 5 quick balls over the top, not last night, just played it out to Shaw or across to stones every time. To me that was the instruction, no quick play, keep the ball at all costs.

7 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

England need to get Bielsa in as soon as the tournament ends , hell I'd sack Southgate (unprecedented) today and do whatever it takes to get him in. These players are used to attacking football. How many more insipid performances can we tolerate.

With Bielsa in charge England will win Qatar 22. And Jack will be the player of the tournament.

villalad?

spacer.png

• Haha 1

I always tend to root for England when they play and Southgate does seems rather inept the majority of the time.  He doesn't use his best players the way that they should bu used from my perspective, and plays his favorites too much.

With that being said, I thought Jack did some good things overall; just a bit hard to stand out too much when your teammates and/or manager are meh themselves.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

You've got very decent British managers who are progressive thinking and can do the job as well IMO.

Howe? Potter?

I'm strange in that way, for national teams, I genuinely prefer when the manager is a National of the country.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You've got very decent British managers who are progressive thinking and can do the job as well IMO.

Howe? Potter?

I'm strange in that way, for national teams, I genuinely prefer when the manager is a National of the country.

I agree. It's always been the way with the England job, always the safe option. The best England managers are the ones we've never had. Even Venables got the job by default. 

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Howe? Potter?

Bielsa is a terrible, terrible shout. An utter failure for Argentina.

His whole philosophy is based on the fitness of his players and getting everything out of them. How is he supposed to do that for a week with them and then they return to their clubs?

Howe and Potter seem like much better options

• Like 1

Southgate isn't starting him. It just won't happen IMO. He won't want to give anyone the satisfaction of thinking, "He knows he's been wrong."

He'd rather be seen as stubborn and pig-headed and absorb all the abuse from specifically Villa fans than admit to the whole world he's been selecting the wrong starting XI by putting Jack in now.

Twunt.

Edited by est1874
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Bielsa is a terrible, terrible shout. An utter failure for Argentina.

His whole philosophy is based on the fitness of his players and getting everything out of them. How is he supposed to do that for a week with them and then they return to their clubs?

Howe and Potter seem like much better options

Shocked What Is It GIF

You guys have clearly swapped accounts…

• Haha 4

Â