The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

22 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Quote from Arsenal Fan

“Yea clear msg grealish leave Villa go to a bigger club than can give you champions league football and trophies  Villa is just not the club.  Check out Arsenal with the players they are getting more ambition to get back into Europa  250 mill this transfer window cleared by there owners big chances are coming .   Ben white  . Aouar  . Maddison . Andre Silva.  New right back . Back up left back . New keeper  youngsters staying at the club  Villa will be beaten  outspent and bottom half of the table again next season while gunners rise into Europe elite again and a trophy next season “

burt reynolds oscars GIF by The Academy Awards

I'm not sure picking out quotes from individual Arsenal fans and painting all their fans the same way makes us look much more enlightened. It's almost getting a bit embarrassing reading our constant obsession with random Arsenal fans. There are dicks there and there are dicks here too to be fair!

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Well the papers he works for aren't going to want him to say that he's staying, are they? Much more chance of clicks when there are groundless rumours flying about.

what a pathetic world we live in as this is 100% the case. imagine being ashley preece, being told to delete a tweet by your employer so that they can chuck around a few BS stories for clicks. grow up wanting to be a proper journalist, and this is how your career panned out. i'd be looking for a new job

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rolta said:

I'm not sure picking out quotes from individual Arsenal fans and painting all their fans the same way makes us look much more enlightened. It's almost getting a bit embarrassing reading our constant obsession with random Arsenal fans. There are dicks there and there are dicks here too to be fair!

Have you read what the overwhelming vast majority say on social media.  This isn’t just a few Arsenal fans or even a lot of Arsenal fans.  This is a large population of them on social media.  Do the they represent most Arsenal fans in general, probably not although I would say Arsenal fans generally think they are much better than they actually are.

As for obsession, it’s not that, it’s the comedic value Arsenal fans bring up.  We love comedic value, that’s why so many people followed Trump’s tweeter account during his presidency to see what the next stupid thing he’d say. Why we watch reality tv programs for the next stupid thing and why we see what Arsenal fans say and most is stupid stuff that we comment on it.

I’m not sure what enlightened has to do with it.  I couldn’t care less what others think re this topic, some comedy on a Monday morning is always great.  I can be enlightened in other parts of my life.  

einstein GIF

Edited by nick76

59 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Well the papers he works for aren't going to want him to say that he's staying, are they? Much more chance of clicks when there are groundless rumours flying about.

Feels like his editor had a word in his ear. Makes it look worse. I like Ashley, I think his heart is in the right place. The paper itself, however. In the bin. 

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Have you read what the overwhelming vast majority say on social media.  This isn’t just a few Arsenal fans or even a lot of Arsenal fans.  This is a large population of them on social media.  Do the they represent most Arsenal fans in general, probably not although I would say Arsenal fans generally think they are much better than they actually are.

As for obsession, it’s not that, it’s the comedic value Arsenal fans bring up.  We love comedic value, that’s why so many people followed Trump’s tweeter account during his presidency to see what the next stupid thing he’d say. Why we watch reality tv programs for the next stupid thing and why we see what Arsenal fans say and most is stupid stuff that we comment on it.

I’m not sure what enlightened has to do with it.  I couldn’t care less what others think re this topic, some comedy on a Monday morning is always great.  I can be enlightened in other parts of my life.  

einstein GIF

Idiots being idiots on social media, what a surprise. I mean, it's amusing enough, but the narrative seems to have become 'Arsenal fans are deluded', and it's starting to become ironic that on here individual Arsenal-fans-being-idiots are elevated to a more generalised idea of the fanbase as a whole. We've had weeks of it now, and I'm not sure we're being much better tbh, and I'm pretty sure if I looked through the comments of Villa fans on social media I'd cringe just as much!

30 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

what a pathetic world we live in as this is 100% the case. imagine being ashley preece, being told to delete a tweet by your employer so that they can chuck around a few BS stories for clicks. grow up wanting to be a proper journalist, and this is how your career panned out. i'd be looking for a new job

Preece will be no stranger to it - it's just how things are in the world of the football press. Think about that clubcall thing on teletext 25 years ago - charging people a quid a minute so they could listen to made-up transfer rumours over the phone. It's all guff. 

18 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Idiots being idiots on social media, what a surprise. I mean, it's amusing enough, but the narrative seems to have become 'Arsenal fans are deluded', and it's starting to become ironic that on here individual Arsenal-fans-being-idiots are elevated to a more generalised idea of the fanbase as a whole. We've had weeks of it now, and I'm not sure we're being much better tbh, and I'm pretty sure if I looked through the comments of Villa fans on social media I'd cringe just as much!

I don’t understand what you are expecting then.  On every topic on social media, idiots overwhelmingly outnumber anything sensible.  Forums like this mainly discuss social media content therefore you are going to get what you are complaining about constantly. I’m not sure what else you are expecting or what else you are expecting of this forum. We probably play 45 games a season to react to and then 300 days of speculation, rumours, banter, comedy and debate.

Just now, nick76 said:

I don’t understand what you are expecting then.  On every topic on social media, idiots overwhelmingly outnumber anything sensible.  Forums like this mainly discuss social media content therefore you are going to get what you are complaining about constantly. I’m not sure what else you are expecting or what else you are expecting of this forum. We probably play 45 games a season to react to and then 300 days of speculation, rumours, banter, comedy and debate.

There's a variety of comments tbh. Some less cringe-worthy than others! I'm not sure I completely agree that Villatalk 'mainly discusses social media content'—I thought we talked about Villa and didn't realise that there was a rule that we discuss social media content (I'm joking btw—I know it's not a rule—'SocialMediaTalk would be a good name for that). I think Villatalk is pretty decent to be fair, but this thread sometimes seems as obsessed with the worst of Arsenal fans as it is with Jack. 

Anyway, it's not a big deal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rolta said:

There's a variety of comments tbh. Some less cringe-worthy than others! I'm not sure I completely agree that Villatalk 'mainly discusses social media content'—I thought we talked about Villa and didn't realise that there was a rule that we discuss social media content (I'm joking btw—I know it's not a rule—'SocialMediaTalk would be a good name for that). I think Villatalk is pretty decent to be fair, but this thread sometimes seems as obsessed with the worst of Arsenal fans as it is with Jack. 

Anyway, it's not a big deal.

Try not to over think it.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Preece doesn't know anything. 

I'm sure AVFC are planning to build around Grealish but I'm also fairly confident he'll have a buyout clause in his contract. Personally, I think Man City will activate that clause. 

The club doesn’t insert a release clause. That would be ridiculous - especially for a 5 year deal. If anything, there’s probably a gentleman’s agreement should ambitions go astray. 

8 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

He isn't leaving (not this summer). If he was to leave it would of been last season when we finished 17th or he will leave next season if we don't improve and get into Europe. 

I see your reasoning but like I say, money talks and If they activate a buyout clause, they'll offer him a staggering amount of money and as loyal as he is, I don't think he'll stay.

I'm just looking at this purely with my head and not my heart. Obviously I want him to stay!

• Like 2

Just now, The_Steve said:

The club doesn’t insert a release clause. That would be ridiculous - especially for a 5 year deal. If anything, there’s probably a gentleman’s agreement should ambitions go astray. 

Buyout Clause/Gentlemans Agreement, whatever. I do think there is something agreed upon whereby if a club comes in, at a certain price, Jack will be allowed to make the decision. 

• Like 1

Grealish will be frustrated with being a sub for England. If he was entertaining the idea of going to Man City etc. then this tournament will have given him an insight into what it's like when you're not an automatic first choice and your manager may have his own agenda.

Our Jack likes to play football too much to risk becoming a bench warmer.

• Like 2

Â