The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

13 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Leave Foden on the bench, he's done nothing. 

He wasted so many good positions by not controlling the ball. He had 2 goal scoring opportunities the first he kicked straight out of play and the other he just missed the ball and it was out behind by Robertson.

He hasn't created a legit chance for anyone in these 2 games. Just a long shot for mount that was deflected behind. He consistently losses the ball when trying to actually go past people in dangerous positions.

He is so poor.

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

I hope this England experience really hits home with Jack, what it might be like to not have everything be all about you. 

He's got it so good here. 

If I was him I would retire from international duty until that clueless **** is sacked.

31 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I really hope Dean Smith might one day manage England.  At least we might play on the front foot with Grealish plucking the strings. 

Nope, Smith to stay, picking up 10 Champions League trophies and a record 20 league trophies before retiring to a non-executive board position.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Nope, Smith to stay, picking up 10 Champions League trophies and a record 20 league trophies before retiring to a non-executive board position.

And 45 fa cups just so we make up for lost time.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I hope this England experience really hits home with Jack, what it might be like to not have everything be all about you. 

He's got it so good here. 

This would be it for him at Man City. Bench, 20 mins here and there, changing whole style of play, stifled, berated if no instant impact.

but if that’s your thing, go for it Jack 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

This would be it for him at Man City. Bench, 20 mins here and there, changing whole style of play, stifled, berated if no instant impact.

but if that’s your thing, go for it Jack 

It wouldn't be. Pep knows his football, Jack would be a starter for them.

1 hour ago, Thug said:

Sterling isn’t even the problem.

Quite honestly, it’s the shit tactics.  2 holding midfielders?!

Phillips should’ve come off for Jack.  

Not only that, but if you do play 2 holding midfielders then your #10 needs to be a real playmaker

Instead we get Mount who is not creative, yes he gets the odd goal here and there. However looking at his stats he's more of an industrious type, a defensive #10 (if such a thing exists). His assists and chance creation stats are poor.

This then leaves just 3 attacking players on the pitch. Thats the reason in 2 games theres been very little attacking prowess - 2 shots on target v Croatia and only 1 tonight v Scotland who are the 3rd lowest ranked team in the tournament.

If he loves Mount so much, he should play in midfield instead of one of Rice or Phillips.

If Grealish cant get in the team on the wings then he most certainly should be playing in this role instead of Mount.

48 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Bet he's thinking in his head, "you know, our Villa team could take this lot". 

Usually when we have players go off on international duty their heads get turned because it's so much better there than here. Don't think that's the case anymore. 

I bet he can't wait to get back to Deano and trying to win

• Thanks 1

Jack didn’t have much impact but he’s not an impact sub type of player. He needs to feel his way into the game. Having said that it’s hard to make an impact when there is literally no movement around you or players showing for the ball. Four players around him right at the end but nobody to lay it back to, to have a shot. 

Everyone will be calling for his inclusion from the start now. I think tonight was the best possible outcome for Jack as Southgate is now running out of support after that performance. 

If he doesn't start Jack against the Czech's I think he'll be under huge huge pressure.  

Â