The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

11 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

The only club I can see giving him a job is Newcastle under Mike Ashley. Even then surely he’s not that daft?

I dunno, some of the scum6 are more about PR and profit then winning trophies. Would love it if arsenal or spurs got him, love to see those ivory towers crumbling and get sold of to some Chinese no marks.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, AVFCGB said:

For me, and it has been for many years, why are we continually doing the selling job of our best players to other clubs?  I get fans concerns, maybe because we have been a selling club, but when does it stop?  If not Jack, it’s Ezri Konsa, Emi and this time next  year it will be Emi Buendia!!!  Are we now accepting that we are a feeder club for the so called ‘big six’ which it appears together case on many forums?  When do we get to a position that we trust the owners not to sell our best players?  If we have a complete lack of trust then we will never challenge the upper echelons again!!!  I believe these feelings are related to the way Ellis and Lerner ran the club.  At some point it has to stop!  We need to start acting and thinking like the big club we are, and not a selling club.  This includes us as fans constantly talking about selling!,,

The issue is the tabloid press love to link our players with moves away. We issued a statement only a few weeks ago saying Jack wasn't for sale at any price and yet the unfounded rumours continue. 

The owners seem to me like genuinely ambitious players with the wealth to back it up. It would make no sense to sell their crown jewel at this juncture given everything we've heard from Smith about our aspirations. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

I know you are only joking of course but the chances of Safegate getting a PL gig are slim to none. How have we ended up with an England manager of such poor quality? Are the FA that skint? Safegate would be hard pushed to get a top championship gig. It’s even more crazy to think that he will still probably be in charge by the next World Cup. That is probably not good news for our Jack. 

It was a joke because you are right, Southgate won't get a premiership gig unless Spurs run out of options and also doubt he would want Jack anyway as he doesn't play as a DM

4 hours ago, Jareth said:

Well it could afford nearly 5 Buendias - I'd hate Jack to go but if it's for top whack I think that money could improve us quite considerably - and quite quickly as it's all profit from a FFP perspective. We could bosh £250million in a single window if we wanted to.

but other teams know you have that kind of money. so the price of a buendia isn't 30m when you have just received 150m. it becomes more like 50m or 60m. remember when liverpool got done for 35m for andy carroll because they just received a british record fee for torres?

we might replace him with some quality, but we'd be years off challenging for europe if we sell him. look at southampton...selling their best players for silly money has worked wonders for them hasn't it

18 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

To anyone who doesn't think is worth 150 million. The difference between 6th and 18th is approximately 50 million in TV prize money. The difference between the championship and the prem is 50+ million. And Europe provides about 30 mil in prize money for qualifying. We could finish 6th with Jack. We would finish in the bottom 5 without him.

150 million is what he'd be worth if he had 1 year on his deal. 

We absolutely dont finish in the bottom 5 without Grealish. 

Particularly given we would add more quality to the rest of the team.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

To anyone who doesn't think is worth 150 million. The difference between 6th and 18th is approximately 50 million in TV prize money. The difference between the championship and the prem is 50+ million. And Europe provides about 30 mil in prize money for qualifying. We could finish 6th with Jack. We would finish in the bottom 5 without him.

Sorry MotoMkali no likes left, very well said mate, completely agree and he will almost we at the forefront of any big sponsorship deals we do next year. You are correct, he is worth way more then 150m.

4 minutes ago, turvontour said:

We absolutely dont finish in the bottom 5 without Grealish. 

Particularly given we would add more quality to the rest of the team.

We would finish bottom 5 without grealish. If we invested another 150 mil maybe not. But at this moment in time we would absolutely finish bottom 5 without grealish.

21 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

You missed off shirt sales, plus what do kappa and carzoo pay us without Grealish? What about our official partners? 10-20% reduction across the board at a guess

He's out entire marketing strategy and that'll only get bigger 

Would be interesting to see the data for social media traffic, website hits and store purchases from around the world and what the growth is like 

When we, let alone a rival fan, values him we have absolutely no idea about what he does in terms of revenue in say Indonesia or other areas of potential growth, someone at the club will know that and what we'd risk missing out on if we sold him, if we see South East Asia or the States as being worth £100m in revenue to us then add a large percentage of that to his price tag too

I really don't see him leaving for anything else than £0 and no contract 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

You missed off shirt sales, plus what do kappa and carzoo pay us without Grealish? What about our official partners? 10-20% reduction across the board at a guess

He's out entire marketing strategy and that'll only get bigger 

Would be interesting to see the data for social media traffic, website hits and store purchases from around the world and what the growth is like 

When we, let alone a rival fan, values him we have absolutely no idea about what he does in terms of revenue in say Indonesia or other areas of potential growth, someone at the club will know that and what we'd risk missing out on if we sold him, if we see South East Asia or the States as being worth £100m in revenue to us then add a large percentage of that to his price tag too

I really don't see him leaving for anything else than £0 and no contract 

this is exactly it and what many don't realise. when you talk about value to the players club this is what they mean. he's a brand in his own right now. one of the faces of the england team, call of duty adverts etc etc. 1.8m insta followers ffs. he's become a superstar. it's way more than just his ability on the pitch when you talk about his value to avfc

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

this is exactly it and what many don't realise. when you talk about value to the players club this is what they mean. he's a brand in his own right now. one of the faces of the england team, call of duty adverts etc etc. 1.8m insta followers ffs. he's become a superstar. it's way more than just his ability on the pitch when you talk about his value to avfc

Tbf 1.8 million Instagram followers is nothing. Pogba has like 30 million. 

Just now, MotoMkali said:

Tbf 1.8 million Instagram followers is nothing. Pogba has like 30 million. 

for a player playing for a team that just finished 11th, his highest finish in his entire career, and barely kicked a ball at international level, i'd say it's pretty big?

33 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

for a player playing for a team that just finished 11th, his highest finish in his entire career, and barely kicked a ball at international level, i'd say it's pretty big?

Trezeguet has 4.6 mil. So isn't that big really. 

I reckon more fans have had his his name and number on their England shirts this summer, off the back of his inclusion in the squad than any other player. Especially the neutrals who don't have an allegiance with any of the lads in the team. Would be interesting to know for sure but something tells me for most fans he's what they want to see. I'm sure I also heard his numbers on insta had increased by about a mil in the last 12 months? I don't know if that's true or not but I think it shows commercially we should not be entertaining letting him go. Especially when his stardom could elevate this club faster than any amount of money his potential transfer fee would.

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

I reckon more fans have had his his name and number on their England shirts this summer, off the back of his inclusion in the squad than any other player. Especially the neutrals who don't have an allegiance with any of the lads in the team. Would be interesting to know for sure but something tells me for most fans he's what they want to see. I'm sure I also heard his numbers on insta had increased by about a mil in the last 12 months? I don't know if that's true or not but I think it shows commercially we should not be entertaining letting him go. Especially when his stardom could elevate this club faster than any amount of money his potential transfer fee would.

Based on that you'd think the FA would make Southgate play him.

52 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Shame the rag he writes for is so obsessed with clicks it's pushing any tenious transfer link

Preece is pushing himself hard as a serious villa journo but because he writes for Birmingham Live it basically makes it so the club can't leak to him. 

• Like 1

Â