The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

19 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

lets hope not!

but, the way he talks about Grealish, shows just what a superstar he is developing in to.

I pray we can continue to develop and give Grealish the European football we will need to have a chance of keeping him long term.

These type of media shows make no difference. It’s basically a fan of one of the self appointed “elite” clubs telling other clubs fans, “well done, you’ve got a good player, but he’s so good he can’t possibly stay with you and must move to one of us self appointed elite clubs”. These guys are so poorly informed, they display almost complete ignorance in regard to Villa. They probably couldn’t tell you who owns Aston Villa, let alone their value and stated ambition. When Dean Smith and Christian Purslow go public and tell us they’ve received an offer for Jack Grealish that it is simply too good to turn down, well then I’ll take it seriously. But unless there’s a buy-out clause in Grealish’s contract that we don’t know about, then I’d imagine the “too good to turn down” offer would simply have to be in excess of £150m. I’d be really surprised and disappointed if Villa sold Grealish this summer, it would send all the wrong signals, regardless of the offer on the table. If you want to put yourself amongst the very best teams in the league, then you don’t sell your very best players to them. A very simple fact.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I don’t want to sell him but if it came down to it, I don’t want player exchange plus why would Silva join us?  Move from probably the best club side in the world to a current mid table team who he has no affinity with and sold their best player (in this scenario to City).  I would assume Silva would say no to us, he’d want at least Champions League football.

Silva is unlikely I agree, Zinchenko more realistic. Looking at the rest of their squad perhaps Ake or Jesus might come but most of them probably wouldn't. I only said Silva because we need players of that quality to replace Jack imo. Even if we got £150m for him which City wouldn't pay anyway then I still not convinced we'd replace him effectively. 

Personally I don't understand why City are prepared to spend so much on him when it's much more obvious they need to spend big on a striker and LB. Arguably a DM is more important than a playmaker too. 

I'd be very disappointed if the club let him go for £100m. For me he's worth much more to us than that when you not only factor in his quality, but his contract length, age, being club captain, being here since he was 6, English etc. 

30 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I'd take £150 mill. 

And buy what? Who will you attract to the club once you’ve sold the one player who everyone across Europe is now aware of and rates as world class? A player that the worlds very top managers such as Pep and Mourinho talk about as exceptional. A player who has almost single handedly gotten Villa to where they are now. Do you want to catch the teams above Villa, or do want to be known as the club that received a record fee and has a nice looking bank balance? Because I can tell you now that any club that sells their very best players to teams above them will never catch them. It’s very simple scenario.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

And buy what? Who will you attract to the club once you’ve sold the one player who everyone across Europe is now aware of and rates as world class? A player that the worlds very top managers such as Pep and Mourinho talk about as exceptional. A player who has almost single handedly gotten Villa to where they are now. Do you want to catch the teams above Villa, or do want to be known as the club that received a record fee and has a nice looking bank balance? Because I can tell you now that any club that sells their very best players to teams above them will never catch them. It’s very simple scenario.

Let's just hope Southgate doesn't get a premiership gig when he is sacked as England manager as he obviously would be desperate to sign him....

• Haha 1

I just don't see the owners letting him go. 12 months off the WC, his commercial value rising by the day. England looking incompetent without him. They will understand they value in keeping him over cashing out. The only way he goes is if he pushes for a move, which would shock me given the quality in the squad and what the club are attempting to do. 

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I just don't see the owners letting him go. 12 months off the WC, his commercial value rising by the day. England looking incompetent without him. They will understand they value in keeping him over cashing out. The only way he goes is if he pushes for a move, which would shock me given the quality in the squad and what the club are attempting to do. 

Absolutely. There is no advantage for the owners to accept a bid at any price. 

The only way this happens is if Jack demands and forces a move. And I get nothing to indicate that would happen. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

And buy what? 

Well it could afford nearly 5 Buendias - I'd hate Jack to go but if it's for top whack I think that money could improve us quite considerably - and quite quickly as it's all profit from a FFP perspective. We could bosh £250million in a single window if we wanted to.

9 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Let's just hope Southgate doesn't get a premiership gig when he is sacked as England manager as he obviously would be desperate to sign him....

I know you are only joking of course but the chances of Safegate getting a PL gig are slim to none. How have we ended up with an England manager of such poor quality? Are the FA that skint? Safegate would be hard pushed to get a top championship gig. It’s even more crazy to think that he will still probably be in charge by the next World Cup. That is probably not good news for our Jack. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Silva is unlikely I agree, Zinchenko more realistic. Looking at the rest of their squad perhaps Ake or Jesus might come but most of them probably wouldn't.

I think players that we’d be interested wouldn’t be interested in us or City won’t want to let go. Players interested in coming to us we wouldn’t be interested in them like Ake or Jesus.

38 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Personally I don't understand why City are prepared to spend so much on him when it's much more obvious they need to spend big on a striker and LB. Arguably a DM is more important than a playmaker too. 

I’m still not convinced they are going to bid for him.  Pep obviously likes Jack by his comments but I don’t think they’ll entertain spending the money to get him.  So many reasons why, that have been discussed on here previously. I just don’t think it’ll happen.

42 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

For me he's worth much more to us than that when you not only factor in his quality, but his contract length, age, being club captain, being here since he was 6, English etc. 

some of just the many reasons why he won’t be leaving.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greenfly said:

So the best way to unsettle a player of Jack's calibre is to keep telling him he's sexy?

From the horses mouth...

"I’m never actually angry (with heavy challenges). What does make me angry is when players do things off the ball. Will Vaulks kept telling me I was sexy! It happened a few times. Weird!"

I was actually warned about him — apparently he’d done something similar to Mason Mount at Derby the week before."

Screenshot_20210620-141122_1_1.png

55 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Well it could afford nearly 5 Buendias - I'd hate Jack to go but if it's for top whack I think that money could improve us quite considerably - and quite quickly as it's all profit from a FFP perspective. We could bosh £250million in a single window if we wanted to.

Money doesn’t guarantee anything. You’ve already got a player you value at £150m, why do you think you can do better with the cash? It doesn’t make an awful lot of sense to me. 

• Like 1

For me, and it has been for many years, why are we continually doing the selling job of our best players to other clubs?  I get fans concerns, maybe because we have been a selling club, but when does it stop?  If not Jack, it’s Ezri Konsa, Emi and this time next  year it will be Emi Buendia!!!  Are we now accepting that we are a feeder club for the so called ‘big six’ which it appears together case on many forums?  When do we get to a position that we trust the owners not to sell our best players?  If we have a complete lack of trust then we will never challenge the upper echelons again!!!  I believe these feelings are related to the way Ellis and Lerner ran the club.  At some point it has to stop!  We need to start acting and thinking like the big club we are, and not a selling club.  This includes us as fans constantly talking about selling!,,

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, AVFCGB said:

For me, and it has been for many years, why are we continually doing the selling job of our best players to other clubs?  I get fans concerns, maybe because we have been a selling club, but when does it stop?  If not Jack, it’s Ezri Konsa, Emi and this time next  year it will be Emi Buendia!!!  Are we now accepting that we are a feeder club for the so called ‘big six’ which it appears together case on many forums?  When do we get to a position that we trust the owners not to sell our best players?  If we have a complete lack of trust then we will never challenge the upper echelons again!!!  I believe these feelings are related to the way Ellis and Lerner ran the club.  At some point it has to stop!  We need to start acting and thinking like the big club we are, and not a selling club.  This includes us as fans constantly talking about selling!,,

Don't want him to go.- obviously.

But Leicester have had top players leave them - but with smart recruitment have still but a decent team out. Hopefully we can do the same.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, hippo said:

What we don't know is if Jack wants to go to Man City.  If he does I'd hope we get more than £100m.

imo we do have to be prepared for him leaving one day though.

Yeah when he retires 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

I know you are only joking of course but the chances of Safegate getting a PL gig are slim to none. How have we ended up with an England manager of such poor quality? Are the FA that skint? Safegate would be hard pushed to get a top championship gig. It’s even more crazy to think that he will still probably be in charge by the next World Cup. That is probably not good news for our Jack. 

The only club I can see giving him a job is Newcastle under Mike Ashley. Even then surely he’s not that daft?

Â