The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Bielsa is a terrible, terrible shout. An utter failure for Argentina.

His whole philosophy is based on the fitness of his players and getting everything out of them. How is he supposed to do that for a week with them and then they return to their clubs?

Howe and Potter seem like much better options

Utter failure as a club manager in European leagues as well to be fair.  Given his reputation and godly affection by some he’s never won anything in the top European leagues.  He’s the Kardashian of club football, big reputation, loved by loads, does some fancy stuff with his assets but achieves nothing of note apart from popularity.

Keeping Up With The Kardashians Kardashian GIF by KUWTK

Edited by nick76

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Bielsa is a terrible, terrible shout. An utter failure for Argentina.

His whole philosophy is based on the fitness of his players and getting everything out of them. How is he supposed to do that for a week with them and then they return to their clubs?

Howe and Potter seem like much better options

Bielsa literally became a household name while managing Chile though. I'm not saying I'm behind Bielsa getting the job but presenting him as a clueless manager at the International level is not true at all. 

34 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

It seems utter madness to me that Grealish isn’t deemed good enough to start against Scotland. 

Get him in that midfield!

Southgate thinks he's being clever. He's overthinking things and scrambled his own head and that of the fans! 

11 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You've got very decent British managers who are progressive thinking and can do the job as well IMO.

Howe? Potter?

I'm strange in that way, for national teams, I genuinely prefer when the manager is a National of the country.

I think Potter would be great for England. Small thing but compare Potter’s to Southgate’s ‘the coaches voice’ tactical breakdowns.

• Like 4

Telegraph reporting City want him and ready to break PL transfer record to do it. 

Will come down to him I reckon, if he wants the move I don’t think the club blocks it. 

10 minutes ago, Awol said:

Telegraph reporting City want him and ready to break PL transfer record to do it. 

Will come down to him I reckon, if he wants the move I don’t think the club blocks it. 

They dedicated about two lines to this rumour in a massive article about Harry Kane. Feels like if City were actually about to smash the transfer record for Grealish it would get at least a full article! I’d chalk this one up to pure speculation / bollocks at the moment.

30 minutes ago, Awol said:

The club definitely blocks it. 

He's not going anyway. 

12 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’m not sure if anyone else has mentioned it, but Southgate’s use or lack of use of Jack is really just the most obvious fault in a sea of faults. He has selected only two centre forwards, one is hopelessly out of sorts and has been substituted in the last two games. I’m not sure if that has happened to Kane before. Even under those circumstances he hasn’t brought on Calvert-Lewin the only other CF, presumably because he’s so out of form for his club. If that’s the case what the hell is he doing in the squad?

Southgate is so far out of his depth and tries to hide behind some sort of coach-speak to try to sound intelligent. Could any one see him getting a job in the PL? A shambolic, clueless manager consistently found out by any half decent coach. Only the FA could have appointed such a clown and until there is a total restructuring of this failed and failing organisation England have no chance of winning anything. 

Nothing really changed when Jack came on against Scotland. 

This is a system and a lack of coaching problem not a personell problem. 

Edited by villalad21

12 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Wes Edens has convinced arguably the best basketball player in the world to play professionally in Milwaukee, Wisconsin  for the past 8 seasons. Keeping Jack at Aston Villa will comparatively be a piece of cake.

And convinced him to tolerate playing with an inadequate supporting cast, including the bane of my basketballing existence, Brook Lopez.

• Haha 1

If Grealish goes to Man City, and I do think it’s possible, I wouldn’t want 120+ million, i’d want players in return. We could fast forward the building of a champion’s league squad, by taking 3 or 4 players from a champion’s league squad. 

All of which will have been coached by the best in the game.

Â