The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

No, but he tried. He went past more players than the rest of them have in two games. He looked frustrated in the end

I feel he tries too hard and wants to make things happen but that doesn't fit with how Southgate wants the team to play. He just doesn't work with this England team.

Southgate wants to avoid losing games. That's the priority and it's not a bad tactic in international football. However this England team are a very poor side who will most likely be knocked out in the second round. 

It's a very talented team though who are young enough that with a competent manager will do very well in the world cup

• Like 1

There were points where there were between 4-6 Scotland players huddled around him like tramps round a burning barrel...

and not a single one of them dared go near him...

Facts are facts... Grealish IS the best player in the squad... and everyone knows it... Even Gonzo knows it...

but when they admit it? They have to give him and us credit...

and you’d be shocked how many people can’t stand that happening...

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I didn't think he was that bad. The England team is so static. Twice grealish drive into the box. And then layed the ball off to where a player should have been. First he layed it off to the edge of the area where mount should have been bursting onto. Instead he was standing next to Shaw about 40 yards away from goal as the attacking midfielder. The 2nd time he put it back outwide anticipating his left back to run on and put a ball into the box. Instead you guessed it Shaw standing 40 yards away from goal. 

agree with this , looked on a different wavelength, Jack is expecting movement around him otherwise he gets double triple marked ,if Jack had started the game England could have clicked and kicked on , really difficult coming from the bench not only to create something but to lift a completely flat team 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I didn't think he was that bad. The England team is so static. Twice grealish drive into the box. And then layed the ball off to where a player should have been. First he layed it off to the edge of the area where mount should have been bursting onto. Instead he was standing next to Shaw about 40 yards away from goal as the attacking midfielder. The 2nd time he put it back outwide anticipating his left back to run on and put a ball into the box. Instead you guessed it Shaw standing 40 yards away from goal. 

Exactly this mate, said exactly the same thing.

35 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Everyone will be calling for his inclusion from the start now. I think tonight was the best possible outcome for Jack as Southgate is now running out of support after that performance. 

If he doesn't start Jack against the Czech's I think he'll be under huge huge pressure.  

He's already under huge pressure, I mean just imagine walking around the a nose as big as his all your life, must be difficult to even move his head.

It’s a joke he isn’t starting instead of Sterling, it’s a joke Sancho gets no time on the pitch.

it’s also worth looking at changing Phillips for mount in that position with a more attacking player at ‘10’ but not as urgent as the wide forward problem.

Hilarious when you think about it as we are so strong there.

When jack came on they didn’t even get the ball to him. They were slow, wouldn’t push up quickly and when they did do it at their snail pace they found 10 men in front of them as it took so long.

I’m done with England under Southgate if he can’t sort it out on the pitch in the next two games. I won’t even bother next summer, failed club manager hired by the FA to be their quiet non offensive joey.

• Like 4

The impression I got was ... the Scots pressed him back to safe distance and then fouled him. Seems like a sensible tactic.

The few times he managed to get a run at the defense he eventually ran into a wall with no outlet.

• Like 2

By the time Jack came on, Scotland had settled for the draw and just sat back soaking everything up. Didn’t help taking Kane off pretty soon afterwards either.

frustrating night for Grealish and I expect he won’t start the next game against Czechia as a result is needed to top the group etc. 

The whole Scotland team were compact on their right to stop any movement from Grealish. The right side of the pitch was constantly open. Did we try and exploit that? The ball would slowly move to James but we then had no RW cause sterling was then playing as a 10! 

Kane

Sancho Grealish Foden  

Rice  Bellingham 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, paul514 said:

failed club manager hired by the FA to be their quiet non offensive joey.

Summed up perfectly. The English FA are a clueless shower that are scared of their own shadow. They appointed a manager in their own image. A collective disgrace that will ensure that the country will remain lacklustre and fail to win anything now or in the future. Shameful. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

The whole Scotland team were compact on their right to stop any movement from Grealish. The right side of the pitch was constantly open. Did we try and exploit that? The ball would slowly move to James but we then had no RW cause sterling was then playing as a 10! 

Kane

Sancho Grealish Foden  

Rice  Bellingham 

Other than Kane, Rice was our worst player last night. He’s the most overrated player in the team. 

Southgate will no doubt use the teams performance when Jack came on as a reason not to play Jack. He’ll say the team lost shape. Yes they did, but that wasn’t Jack’s fault. Where the hell was Sterling playing, as it certainly wasn’t on the right. Then bring on Rashford who’s first touch went 30 yrds away from him. Jack tried to get things going, but the movement around him was awful, there was one point he cut inside with the ball and then literally held his arms out screaming for people to pass to. Another point, he cuts in, Shaw goes to overlap so Jack knocks into space where Shaw should run into and Shaw just stopped running. It’s a joke, England have some amazing attacking talent, with Jack cream of the crop and it’s being wasted by that fool.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

yep agree also.  I think Mount was very poor in the second half.  If he was switched on Grealish wouldn't have try and beat the whole Scottish team by himself.  but then ask yourself if Mount is out of form who do you play there.  I don't think Grealish is 100% fit yet so I don't think he's an option there and there is no one else in the squad.

Southgate will probably start Sancho, Foden and Sterling behind Kane in the next game, with Mount dropping back to play alongside Rice.

Honestly, Southgate is acting like an U12’s manager whose kid is the 2nd best player, so he won’t play the best player as he doesn’t want his kid to be overshadowed.

he didnt set the game alight, but at the same time the entire England team were static, side to side, telegraphing passes, there was zero dynamism, i dont understand how Southgate can get so many top quality players, playing so poorly.

We have a golden generation of talent and Southgate is just stifling them, its painful to watch.

We only need one pure 6, if its a double pivot we need one pure 6 and an 8, its amazing t see how negative and defensive Southgate sets us up.

Also, Sterling is an illusion, he's seriously not a god player at all and offers little, i cant believe he has started the first two games.

Personally, my lineup would be (from MC forward):

Rice - Bellingham

Foden - Mount - Grealish

Kane

• Like 1

Totally agree with that lineup, except maybe push Bellingham up alongside Mount and go more attacking depending on who we are playing. But to me that seem the best lineup to actually work the ball forwards from midfield to attack - currently we just don't seem to be able to do that well.

Just now, mikeyjavfc said:

Glad Grealish got on the pitch, to leave him out of another big game would have been criminal. He did more to progress the play and carry the ball with his cameo than Sterling and Kane did all game. Unfortunately for Grealish the prime time of his international career is going to overlap with a clueless England manager full of inclusive corporate jargon and light on football knowledge, experience and tactical acumen. 

Agreed: timing is key. Jack’s peak also coincides with the emergence of players who play the new FA way - good technicians but still quite conservative. Jack really is a maverick that, while having these technical skills, will do unpredictable things: Southgate is clearly uncomfortable with this and underestimates how much else Jack can bring (tracking back, tenacity etc).

Â