The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

32 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

When did he get booked today? Some places have suggested he was but I didn't see it and it wasn't mentioned

End of the first half according to the Premier League app. 

Tbh all the suspensions are helping us with rotation in my opinion. I'd rather not miss our star player it might do us some good in the long run. Once Barkley is fit he can slot back into Jack's spot 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I really thought that Jack’s best position was left forward but I think the last few games have proved that he is even better as a 10. He is just so creative and dangerous when he gets on the ball and the opposition just cannot deal with him. I suspect he will soon end up back at left forward m to make way for Ross. Good options to have though 

12 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I was in awe of that pass that led to Anwar's goal. Looked easy but to thread the ball through that close to the defender without him being able to cut it out was ridiculous. Ollie almost messed it up with his touch.

I thought that too in real time, without that touch anwar doesn't score, its ollies shot 

There was a great ball and then run for a Watkins blocked shot too, outside of the boot keeping Watkins wide but meaning that no Palace player could get near him, that would have been a brilliant goal too (was a great block) 

43 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I thought that too in real time, without that touch anwar doesn't score, its ollies shot 

There was a great ball and then run for a Watkins blocked shot too, outside of the boot keeping Watkins wide but meaning that no Palace player could get near him, that would have been a brilliant goal too (was a great block) 

That one was heading for the top corner. Would have been another brilliant move. Put it right in Ollie's path. They all look like simple passes but the weight on them is always perfect which is so difficult to do consistently at pace. It's why he's one of the few players in the world that can do it.

12 hours ago, kiddybloke said:

Now on four bookings so assume one more in the next 6 games results in a ban? 

If he gets one vs Utd then presumably it's just the cup game he'll be suspended for?

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

That one was heading for the top corner. Would have been another brilliant move. Put it right in Ollie's path. They all look like simple passes but the weight on them is always perfect which is so difficult to do consistently at pace. It's why he's one of the few players in the world that can do it.

The one when Ollie ran from right to left and Grealish found him cutting out half the Palace team? I couldn't see that option sitting in front of the TV, it was the pass of the game for me, if Ollie had finished it then the pass of the season .

Jacks bound to pick a booking up against Chelsea if it means he misses the manure game, their lucky like that .

Could have had another 3-5 assists in the last few games. If he was playing for Man City or Liverpool he’d have those assists.

For me on current performances he’s player of the season for the league but the stats and team will go against him.

Grealish v. Palace. Second clip is actually AEG, but to be fair we the way he's done the defender I also thought it was Jack when seeing it live.

Pass to Watkins that sliced through half of Palace is the last clip.

2 hours ago, M_Afro said:

I really thought that Jack’s best position was left forward but I think the last few games have proved that he is even better as a 10. He is just so creative and dangerous when he gets on the ball and the opposition just cannot deal with him. I suspect he will soon end up back at left forward m to make way for Ross. Good options to have though 

He would be the best player on the park in either position so it depends on who else is available for the rest of the XI.  Last season he started in the middle didn't he?  We were so toothless in the final third that we had to move him up into the front 3, now we can play him in either position.  He reminds me so much of Iniesta.

I'm not overly worried about Jack getting suspended for one game, I think that the mentality the team has got now would cause them all to up their game and I think we would be shocked by the performance we see from them, obviously I don't want Jack to miss a minute but I think that we have enough about us to survive without him for a game or two if needed.

5 hours ago, M_Afro said:

I think he's miles better on the left. Most of hos good stuff yesterday imo came after the red card when he played wider.

Thing is, even when he is wide he plays in a completely free role.

I'd like to see Traore centrally and Grealish left and AEG right at some point.

23 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think he's miles better on the left. Most of hos good stuff yesterday imo came after the red card when he played wider.

Thing is, even when he is wide he plays in a completely free role.

I'd like to see Traore centrally and Grealish left and AEG right at some point.

Why? 

El Ghazi has been a beast down the left and so has Traore down the right in the last few games. 

And it’s all being knitted together nicely with Grealish behind Watkins. 

No need to play players out of position. After the Chelsea game, Barkley will come in as the 10 and Grealish will move out to the left. I presume Traore will stay on the right.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Why? 

El Ghazi has been a beast down the left and so has Traore down the right in the last few games. 

And it’s all being knitted together nicely with Grealish behind Watkins. 

No need to play players out of position. After the Chelsea game, Barkley will come in as the 10 and Grealish will move out to the left. I presume Traore will stay on the right.

Exactly, and that's what you are suggesting IMO. Grealish has excelled in a free role on left far more than anyone in the league the last 12 months. AEG has had two good matches, neither who can compare to Grealish. Traore is best centrally and AEG is capable on the right. 

My suggestion is suited to them all, bar AEG, but he can adapt. Moving Grealish away from the left is just nuts. 

And when Barkley is back he won't be centrally anyway, so might as well keep Grealish left and adapt to that. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

Â