The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

must be the 1st time in years his thread dropped to Page 2 :D

I dont buy the bullshit yesterday that he fouled Christensen, i know its the bitter anti Grealish brigade but seems that even some in the media think Jack getting fouled was actually an assault on Christensen and a free out

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont buy the bullshit yesterday that he fouled Christensen, i know its the bitter anti Grealish brigade but seems that even some in the media think Jack getting fouled was actually an assault on Christensen and a free out

Jack left his leg out, that's undeniable. But, he didn't need to, he was getting fouled regardless. That's the point missed by these "trolls".

• Like 1

16 hours ago, a-k said:

He's world class playing through the middle, but have to say that when we are playing the top teams (i.e., primarily on the counter) I still prefer him on the left with Barkley in the middle (when available). That's how I would go vs Man U on Friday, especially needing some fresh legs, although it's a tough call though with El Ghazi and Traore performing so well.

Was coming here to write this. I want him back around and in the box terrifying defenders. He just isn't the same goal threat from the middle. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rightdm00 said:

Was coming here to write this. I want him back around and in the box terrifying defenders. He just isn't the same goal threat from the middle. 

I agree and expect that how we will go, with Barkley and Trez injured though, I think its safe to say we found the next best formation. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Christensen feigned injured to avoid the booking that it should have been 

The number of fouls committed by Chelsea yesterday wasn't really picked up, it was purposeful and tactical 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, a-k said:

Jack left his leg out, that's undeniable. But, he didn't need to, he was getting fouled regardless. That's the point missed by these "trolls".

It looked to me like he was turning. He left his leg out a bit but it would still need to travel along that path as he ran towards goal after he played that pass. 

15 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Chelsea didnt get a win, there fans are so upset by that and they cant understand why we are above them that they are blaming everyone and everything, go on there fan forum, you will see.

I've seen Lampard getting blame, Christensen, Mount, Grealish and more. The fact that they have spent so much money summer gone compared to what we spent annoys the chelsea fans, yet we seem to be playing better and its annoys them so much more.

Like I said there fans are using anything and everyone as a scapegoat and when you do that rather than get straight to the real problems then it's only a matter of time before things get worse.

Personally i think theres going to be another sacking soon. Alot of teams, there fans and especially there managers are getting riled up over things that are simply out of there power to put right. You have alot of underperforming clubs right now and not just talking about the bottom three from palace, Chelsea, Arsenal, Newcastle and Wolves. The problem is and since VAR came in and has started to add to the frustration when teams mess up is that everyone's blaming everyone, when really the main culprit is VAR and lousy officiating. If it all went back to the way it was before VAR came in, everyone would pipe down I reckon. Most games the losing side usually is always talking something VAR or about officiating, its ridiculous. We know we were mostly on the rough end of that last season, we know how bad it can get, yet that damn VAR and how bad officiating has become under it is causing more stress and grief than it's actually bloody worth.

Yeah, that Grealish one is a perfect example of this too. From the one angle behind and in slow motion it does look like Grealish caught the other guy with his leg. But then when you look at the other angles, and also factor in the real-speed footage, you come to a different conclusion.

The multiple camera angles and super slow motions just add to the endless arguments now that they are being used to make decisions.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Yeah, that Grealish one is a perfect example of this too. From the one angle behind and in slow motion it does look like Grealish caught the other guy with his leg. But then when you look at the other angles, and also factor in the real-speed footage, you come to a different conclusion.

The multiple camera angles and super slow motions just add to the endless arguments now that they are being used to make decisions.

Well you get the first assessment of issues that happen, then all of a sudden it takes sometimes 5 minutes then the first decision made turns into a completely new one. Then after the game all the players and managers start forming extra bullcrap opinions and arguments that suit there own preference which then starts infecting fans even more and they in turn startbloody doing it. I hate VAR and the bad officiating that's come out of it, referees are dumb as ever and look like complete idiots overturning proper fouls and penaltys all while they fail to sort out the ones that are not. You see about 8 if not more angles like you said instead of one or two now and in some angles it all looks like nothing happened then in others looks like it did. You have VAR which can not sort what is offside or a penalty out properly because something doesnt suit the criteria that shouldn't be a bloody criteria as it should just plainly be if a players brought down it's a foul or penalty unless they got the ball. You also have the refs who contradict VAR and other way round. It's all a real bloody mess and it's only getting worse.

I mean if Grealish had of caught Christensen, he only managed to do it with his foot, they both went solidly at the ball. If I were the ref I'd of let play on resume as well as they both went for the ball and both ended up on the floor, just so happens one stayed down and our player did not. The chelsea fans should be more concerned over the fact they had a player play acting instead of getting his but up and resuming play. Thing is Grealish sussed out early on the ref was having none of this diving lark, Grealish had his moments early on where he tried and ref was handing out nothing, chelsea didnt learn. Jack is smart with the refs, he knows how to handle them to a degree, he finds out what they willing to give and what they are not. I would say Jack and Christensen went tumbling over and they caught eachother, again I'm not sure it was deserved of a foul.

• Like 1

I thought he looked a little bit grumpy yesterday, didn't seem to enjoy the game as much as in previous games, and lacked concentration a few times in a way I haven't seen in a while. Perhaps it's because of the congested schedule. Would love for him to have a break soon to recharge.

Was still really good though!

Is it by the way ok for a grown up man to have a poster on the wall with your favourite Villa player of all time?

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Chelsea didnt get a win, there fans are so upset by that and they cant understand why we are above them that they are blaming everyone and everything, go on there fan forum, you will see.

I've seen Lampard getting blame, Christensen, Mount, Grealish and more. The fact that they have spent so much money summer gone compared to what we spent annoys the chelsea fans, yet we seem to be playing better and its annoys them so much more.

Like I said there fans are using anything and everyone as a scapegoat and when you do that rather than get straight to the real problems then it's only a matter of time before things get worse.

Personally i think theres going to be another sacking soon. Alot of teams, there fans and especially there managers are getting riled up over things that are simply out of there power to put right. You have alot of underperforming clubs right now and not just talking about the bottom three from palace, Chelsea, Arsenal, Newcastle and Wolves. The problem is and since VAR came in and has started to add to the frustration when teams mess up is that everyone's blaming everyone, when really the main culprit is VAR and lousy officiating. If it all went back to the way it was before VAR came in, everyone would pipe down I reckon. Most games the losing side usually is always talking something VAR or about officiating, its ridiculous. We know we were mostly on the rough end of that last season, we know how bad it can get, yet that damn VAR and how bad officiating has become under it is causing more stress and grief than it's actually bloody worth.

Manager and teams dont want to own up to there part in things either, I've often heard players deny there side caused a penalty and say it shouldn't be awarded, yet it was clear as day it should of been. Have seen managers blatantly lie on camera about red cards and how there players didnt deserve it. There just so much that has changed in the years weve come up that this game is becoming dirty, well dirty with liars at every turn trying to save face even though the replays catch them out.

The season we came up we found the only way to beat this league was to join in on the game of diving, cheating, tactical fouls and lies. As much as I hate it all and wished all the clubs would just stop it on the pitch, every game something is guaranteed to go down. I forgot who we played and I then went onto there fan forum, ahh yes I think it was WestBrom who were basically saying how we did just that that I explained further up. I then thought I agree to some extent that weve had to become part of this bullcrap game of tugging shirts, throwing balls away, diving and stalling as well as tactical fouls, it's sad but true. The west Brom fans went on to say and I agreed with the person who wrote it that because they are new to the league they have not got to grip with all the nasty side to the game that we have. When you think of it and look at the way we play, we have become an artist and doing what the rest of the teams were doing to us last season. The point is you have to evolve in this league and beat them anyway you can or go down at the cost of a fortune. When you think of it, I dont think theres ever going to be that football again we knew when we was young, that seen two teams playing head to head with no bullshit. yes it always had its fouls but people got up unless really injured, there wasn't all this nonsense there is to day and that's all why there are so many fans riled up each week or every game, it adds to the drama and the gaffes of the sport want Drama.

I think you want to have a look back at the play off semi final with us......Albion got 9 yellows and 2 reds, IIRC

They had that Dirty side Dave....they have just lost it.

Just remembered today when he waved to the Villa fans after coming off on the opening day a few years back against Hull. The Tottenham thing was pretty much sewn up right ? We literally had no money, then new owners within a few days. Spurs must be kicking themselves. Privately they must be livid. They were way too casual. They could of had him the minute Fulham beat us at Wembley and it started to transpire how bad things were financially. I mean right now, you don't even get to Purslow on the phone if you aren't starting at 100 million. Jack is one of the best players in world football.

Don't mind me with this post, I'm just having a vent/brag.

Going to say it.

I called Grealish becoming as good as the best players in the PL back when we were meekly meandering around the second division without much hope in sight for promotion.

I was ridiculed for it, not that it bothered me, because I knew Grealish would go down as one of the greats, perhaps of all time. I knew his ceiling was the sky, and he was en route.

I argued back and forth with a number of VT heads on that. At times the most optimistic outlook for Grealish's career was that he'd move on from us and play in the PL again.

"Doesn't score or assist enough"

"Mid-table PL player at best"

"He needs to learn to shoot better"

Even back then I had numbers and stats to assist my argument, but the gist of it was based on Grealish's uncanny ability to deliver at any given time he was in possession.

Whether that be through an immaculately weighted pass, driving forward with deft touch and close control, or threatening in the final third.

Grealish wants it, and time again, provides us with his best.

13 hours ago, TRO said:

I think you want to have a look back at the play off semi final with us......Albion got 9 yellows and 2 reds, IIRC

They had that Dirty side Dave....they have just lost it.

But that could be largely down to the situation of going up and how desperate they most likely were to reach the premier then as we were.

When desperation hits, players start all sorts of slimy ways on the pitch. They have lost it though and have yet to get to grips with the league and its naughty ways.

• Like 1

Â