The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

WTF is this bollocks from Garth Crooks:

Grealish seems to be getting better with every game. This lad should be playing regular Champions League football and the first name on the England teamsheet. This in itself poses Aston Villa a problem. Do they build the team around Grealish with the ambition to become a top-four side or do they resign themselves to eventually letting the midfield star go?

HITC

This is so blasphemously outrageous that I am speechless.

13 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

It’s obviously doesn’t, did not the Spanish government bail them out with some fiddle about five years ago or so?

They bought the land that their training ground was on for far higher value than it was actually worth and then from memory did something weird like develop the out of town area the new training ground is in so that it's not actually considered out of town anymore and the area they sold is the area of Madrid that has the 4 skyscrapers next to each other, perezs construction company were involved in building them 

But with Bale, hazard, rodrygo, vicinius Jr, renier, asensio, odegaard, kubo, brahim Diaz and Isco on the books I dont think they need grealish, they don't really need mbappe unless they plan on making him an out and out striker and benzemas long term replacement

All that said they'll buy whoever is the most marketable regardless of whether or not they need him 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, thunderball said:

Nice to think if we kick on he would stay. The owners are very ambitious, and I am now beginning to see how we could become a Man City in a few years. 

But take Bale at Real - £600K p.w. Its very tempting, their money is very persuasive, and they are the biggest club in the world. How their FFP works I have no idea?

Well they sell alot and refresh alot dont they, they may buy the biggest names out there but they also sell on for profit for what they bought those players for. There players are always sought after..

There was one particular pass that Grealish did to Watkins through the middle that I very much liked, the way he turned and managed that pass in between defenders was ace, just a shame Ollie didnt score from it.

6 minutes ago, birdman said:

It's just lazy journalism. A 5 year old could have written something better in crayons. 

Someone I know who was a sports journalist at the time found out he regularly just asked his son who played well as he’d Not watched the games and just chose those players 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

There was one particular pass that Grealish did to Watkins through the middle that I very much liked, the way he turned and managed that pass in between defenders was ace, just a shame Ollie didnt score from it.

The little chip straight down the middle? I thought that was a great pass and I'm surprised it hasn't been clipped and reposted like the one he did right at the end has. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

It’s obviously doesn’t, did not the Spanish government bail them out with some fiddle about five years ago or so?

They do this every 10 years or so. Remember 10-20 years ago they were in stupid debts and sold off land areas previously given by the city of Madrid to the city of Madrid for billions more than market value. It was all over the papers.

4 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

They do this every 10 years or so. Remember 10-20 years ago they were in stupid debts and sold off land areas previously given by the city of Madrid to the city of Madrid for billions more than market value. It was all over the papers.

So we sell the carpark for billions then 🤣

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Technically speaking the theories behind this is because Madrid is the king's team, thus they are not allowed to go bankrupt.

So ye, we got that in common.

So that's a yes in selling the carpark for billions?? Who would even buy a carpark for crazy money these days.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Done a pires

Got the whole league on strings 

Was a thing of beauty.

Loved how was clever enough to get himself straight into the box afterwards when Christiansen stayed down to take advantage of the missing centre half. It’s what drew the fullback in and gave Ghazi the chance to score. He absolutely nails the dark arts and thats why he’s captain for me...he’s always looking for an edge and a way to win and i think it rubs off on some of the ‘ nicer’ more laid back lads.

Edited by villanmac
  • Like 3

He's world class playing through the middle, but have to say that when we are playing the top teams (i.e., primarily on the counter) I still prefer him on the left with Barkley in the middle (when available). That's how I would go vs Man U on Friday, especially needing some fresh legs, although it's a tough call though with El Ghazi and Traore performing so well.

Edited by a-k
  • Like 1

Â