The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

El Ghazi is 4 in 4 so no way can, or should, he be dropped. Leave him where he is most effective, out wide left. Traore is clearly playing in his best position and Jack, despite how well he's played wide left, has always said that his favoured position is in that number 10 role behind the striker, at the tip of the midfield. 

Whilst they're playing like they are there's absolutely no way we should change it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Thought he was MOTM again.

Many people will hand it to Ollie and rightfully so.

I just think the things Jack is doing on the pitch is just out of this world

I actually thought that Hause was MOTM yesterday and that it was Jack's quietest game this season. That's how good he's become though. 

3 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

El Ghazi is 4 in 4 so no way can, or should, he be dropped. Leave him where he is most effective, out wide left. Traore is clearly playing in his best position and Jack, despite how well he's played wide left, has always said that his favoured position is in that number 10 role behind the striker, at the tip of the midfield. 

Whilst they're playing like they are there's absolutely no way we should change it. 

We shouldn't change it that's correct. That's why Jack must stay wide left.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Villarocker said:

I actually thought that Hause was MOTM yesterday and that it was Jack's quietest game this season. That's how good he's become though. 

Jack was pretty quiet until our red card cause that ment he was moved from a central role to roam wide.

Which is why it's utter lunacy to shoehorn him centrally when he's one of the worlds best left sided playmakers atm.

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Exactly, and that's what you are suggesting IMO. Grealish has excelled in a free role on left far more than anyone in the league the last 12 months. AEG has had two good matches, neither who can compare to Grealish. Traore is best centrally and AEG is capable on the right. 

My suggestion is suited to them all, bar AEG, but he can adapt. Moving Grealish away from the left is just nuts. 

And when Grealish is back he won't be centrally anyway, so might as well keep Grealish left and adapt to that. 

Ok, I see your point, but what makes you think Traore is best centrally? Hasnt he played best for us when he’s out on the right? 

FWIW, I know we disagree on this, but I think Grealish is best as a 10, but having paid the fee we did for Barkley and the quality he has, he’ll play as the 10. 

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Ok, I see your point, but what makes you think Traore is best centrally? Hasnt he played best for us when he’s out on the right? 

FWIW, I know we disagree on this, but I think Grealish is best as a 10, but having paid the fee we did for Barkley and the quality he has, he’ll play as the 10. 

Just how I see him as a player. Seems to have the attributes for it, and not so much the attributes for a typical wing role. I also think it's more important to keep Grealish in a free role from the left is more important than accommodating AEG left or Traore right.  

• Like 1

having watched  far too much football in the last 2 days. I can say without fear of contradiction, Jack is the best player in the league. All the top teams play some form of tiki taki, what separates them, some have better passers or speed of thought. Some have a Billy Whizz. Teams at the lower end are learning to cope with Tiki Taki. None have a grealish, who can destroy a defence with a run or dribble or pass, all in one player. When we were a bit crap people put 2 or 3 on him, Still didn't stop him, second only to De Bruyne(who wears Grealish pyjamas). Now we are good, he will show how good he is.

I read other forums, only the Villa bits. Last year it was he'd never get in the first team, why spend 80 when de Beek is only forty, or he'd be a good squad filler. Now it''s did you see that pass,or we'd piss the league with him, or he'd be the final piece in the jigsaw.

A true generational talent.

• Like 1

When he was starting on the wing and creating around 3-5 good chances a game, I was always thinking "well we can't move or play him anywhere else, it would be a waste of his talents".

Then we play him down the middle and he's creating more chances..

Best and most exciting player in the country at the moment and I include all of the Liverpool/man city squads in that.

Apart from Haaland/Ronaldo/lewandowski in Europe.. who's performing better than him, since this season started?  Theo Hernandez/Ibra at Milan could be a couple... but I can't of anyone else who is so paramount to their team.

I'm in a position now to say he's the best villa player I've ever seen, comfortably. Just an absolute joy to watch.

• Like 2

What I love about Jack in the middle is that he is so fluid. If he moves to the right Traore cuts into the middle. If he goes left El Ghazi  cuts in. Same wherever Watkins goes. Smith, must work so much with the forward line and is really bribing the most of them all. I’d say Jack is so big on the training ground to show others what he wants

6 hours ago, Villarocker said:

Last few games Jack's played behind the striker with El Ghazi wide left. That's how it should stay. 

Sorry to say that whoever is impressing most in training should be in the team and if that means Barkley back centre and Grealish wide then make it so.

Barkley offers so much to Watkins as much as he does to the wings and we cant ignore that.

If Ghazi is turning a corner and bringing his performances back then him being a sub shouldn't make a difference,he will still be effective. The best first eleven I've seen so far was with Barkley in the team and Jack on the left.

6 hours ago, Villarocker said:

I think with him central it appears a quieter game as he’s feeding the wingers not setting up or scoring the goal, vs when he’s wide. Both equally important positions and he’s great at both - but I suspect overall when central his numbers will go down but the team overall will perform well. As others have said I think he’s so good he can just play in either and the decision can be who else is available.

4 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

The best first eleven I've seen so far was with Barkley in the team and Jack on the left.

Our second half against Palace with 10 men was the best I have seen us play. the worst I have seen us play was with 11 against Leeds and Barkley was completely inaffective. I wouldn't be so quick in selecting Barkley over Jack in the central role if Jack wants to play there . Barkley is not our player and to upset Jack to please him would be stupid .

13 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Sorry to say that whoever is impressing most in training should be in the team and if that means Barkley back centre and Grealish wide then make it so.

Barkley offers so much to Watkins as much as he does to the wings and we cant ignore that.

If Ghazi is turning a corner and bringing his performances back then him being a sub shouldn't make a difference,he will still be effective. The best first eleven I've seen so far was with Barkley in the team and Jack on the left.

I feel like impressing in training is overrated. The most important thing is the player's performance in previous actual games. You don't drop a striker who scored a hatrick the previous game because he didn't impress in training sessions.

I'm not saying impressing in training isn't relevant to selection. But it should be more in the vein of making themselves an option instead of trumping everything else.

7 hours ago, Villarocker said:

He hasn't always said that. Years ago he actually said his fav position is LW. Now he says he's not sure what his fav position is.

27 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

When he was starting on the wing and creating around 3-5 good chances a game, I was always thinking "well we can't move or play him anywhere else, it would be a waste of his talents".

Then we play him down the middle and he's creating more chances..

Best and most exciting player in the country at the moment and I include all of the Liverpool/man city squads in that.

Apart from Haaland/Ronaldo/lewandowski in Europe.. who's performing better than him, since this season started?  Theo Hernandez/Ibra at Milan could be a couple... but I can't of anyone else who is so paramount to their team.

I'm in a position now to say he's the best villa player I've ever seen, comfortably. Just an absolute joy to watch.

According to Whoscored only Lewandowski and Messi are above him this season.  The company he is keeping is insane, he is above Mbappe, Haaland, Ronaldo, Bruno Fernandes, even if you disagree with the metrics and the order that you'd put those kinds of players in, the fact that he is up there in the discussion and plays for us is breathtaking.

38 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I agree and said as much a few months ago but the God brigade spoke loudest. Grealish is by far the most talented Villa player in the modern era and is irreplaceable.

I saw McGrath play a few times and yes he was great but as a young footballer myself I was far more excited by Daley, Yorke, Saunders, and especially Platt. I prefer those players from a technical point of view, yes they read the game well but players like Grealish can also beat several players using pace and skill. That aspect is what everyone loves and agrees upon as excitement.

Against Palace it was wonderful to see Grealish pick the ball up and glide past a few opposition players with ease, it's almost as if you know it and expect it. It's too easy for him at times.

Â