The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

That game was a prime example of why England need Grealish. 

All those talanted players, all who are "better" than Grealish yet they couldn't create anything and no one was able to do anything different than plan A. 

Jack is capable of changing what is happening on the pitch, chose a plan c, d and e.  

I don't understand why Southgate can't see that it's not if Grealish is as good at running down the left and crossing as other players are it's that he does things differently that others are not capable. 

Imagine those slide rule passes into the feet of Kane. 

Iceland were just a wall and not any talanted fast tricky winger from a top 6 club could make any impact on it. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We can't really complain about him dropping Mings.

He made too many mistakes last season. He is too casual on the ball.

Agree, his form was great until he got capped, then started taking more risks and being a bit too casual at times. 

56 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Southgate getting pelters on Talksport for not bringing Jack on. Clown

BBC and Sky giving him all the excuses in the world. 

Talksport known for their deliberately controversial views are not going to put pressure on anyone. 

28 minutes ago, sidcow said:

That game was a prime example of why England need Grealish. 

All those talanted players, all who are "better" than Grealish yet they couldn't create anything and no one was able to do anything different than plan A. 

Jack is capable of changing what is happening on the pitch, chose a plan c, d and e.  

I don't understand why Southgate can't see that it's not if Grealish is as good at running down the left and crossing as other players are it's that he does things differently that others are not capable. 

Imagine those slide rule passes into the feet of Kane. 

Iceland were just a wall and not any talanted fast tricky winger from a top 6 club could make any impact on it. 

Southgate strikes me as a text book manager, one who would rigidly stick to what it says in the manual. It must work, that’s what the coaching manual tells me to do.

Jack is a player who produces something outside of the text book, therefore Southgate doesn’t like or know how to deal with that.

• Like 2

Sancho, Foden, and Ward-Prowse were all bad. I don't recall Foden touching the ball. Greenwood was ok in his short cameo, but did nothing of note. 

If Grealish doesn't start the next game Southgate should be sacked. Won the game by luck, doesnt mask a terrible team performance.

Edited by MrBlack

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

That was probably the best possible outcome for Jack. If he was carrying a slight knock we didn't want it aggravated and risk missing our opening games. But with a little longer to recuperate, and after a dire performance by the team that was put out, he must be nailed on to play the next match. 

Agreed, but I doubt that he will start Jack. If he's fit, I can see Jack getting the last 20 minutes, so that he cannot ever be picked for Ireland and so that he doesn't get enough game time, to make it impossible to keep him out of the next squad. The knock, is his ready made excuse not to start Jack! On today's central defensive performances, not starting Tyrone in the next game, wouldn't be so easy to explain.

No Grealish when we lack creativity and no Mings when we need a left-sided centre back against ICELAND ffs. How can he justify playing Dier when he is a central defensive midfielder who can hardly get a game at his club? 

Are the sponsors picking the England team? 

Villa not having a game next weekend really gives Southgate the perfect excuse to pick both Ty and Jack for the next game. I think he picked his favourites against a dire Iceland in the hope that they would shine before picking Jack against a very good Denmark team in the hope he flops. Now that his favourites have flopped no doubt they will get a second chance whilst Jack continues to get splinters in his arse.

58 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Now that his favourites have flopped no doubt they will get a second chance whilst Jack continues to get splinters in his arse.

The idea that he is selecting a whole team today to deny Jack is a bit much for me. 

He has his favourites rightly or wrongly (wrongly) and Jack wasn’t part of the initial squad so wouldn’t expect him to get part of this game.

One of England’s problems today was the ability to carry the ball in and through midfield. Jack is the best option for this bit if Southgate saw this he would started or at least played at some point Mount or Foden in there. Instead he just messed around with the forwards.

If as he says he see Jack as a forward then he is not playing the next game either.

Today was a perfect example of why Grealish was needed. The tactic of moving the ball left to right to the wide players just wasn't working. The lack of a ball carrier with an eye for a slide pass, who could draw the opposition into a foul, who offered something different was there for all to see. Ward-Prowse got man if he match despite being absolute dog turd. The only player who came away with any decency in their performance for me was Sterling. But like others have said, no way Jack starts against Denmark. He might possibly come on as a sub with minutes to go then Southgate can bemoan that he didn't do enough and the big nosed twonker was right all along about him.

• Like 1

Â