The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

He still won't get a game. Southgate will pick Mount or Alli to play behind Kane. Sancho right and Sterling left he is a muppet 

My only hope is that Mount, Alli or both are knackered and Jack comes on to score the winner. That would shove Southgate's mush right in it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Villarocker said:

He still won't get a game. Southgate will pick Mount or Alli to play behind Kane. Sancho right and Sterling left he is a muppet 

My only hope is that Mount, Alli or both are knackered and Jack comes on to score the winner. That would shove Southgate's mush right in it. 

Yep, Mount will play.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

See i see it as Southgate will now have those 2 as in greenwood and foden getting the jack treatment and he will give jack the foden treatment to teach them a lesson.

While Southgate may not be keen on jack, you can bet he is totally embarrassed by the other 2 who he bigged up above jack.

5 hours ago, AV82 said:

With all the doom and gloom surrounding our transfers let's take a moment to remember we have these two beauties playing for us.

I can’t tell if I’m getting moist from this picture because we have two players in England gear, or they’re just peng Af,

oregon waterfalls GIF

let’s be honest, it’s both  

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

See i see it as Southgate will now have those 2 as in greenwood and foden getting the jack treatment and he will give jack the foden treatment to teach them a lesson.

While Southgate may not be keen on jack, you can bet he is totally embarrassed by the other 2 who he bigged up above jack.

I don't see it this way. He'll blame their age and put it down to youth. The problem is Southgate has already half nailed his colours to the mast with certain players. As all managers do. Kane could get caught doing a few lines with a couple of Danish hookers tonight and Southgate will stroke his testes in the morning. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I don't see it this way. He'll blame their age and put it down to youth.

That was pretty much his tone all through the press conference. Also pretending he hadn't spoken to them yet. Didn't know the full story.

Be fully prepared for the forgiveness, they've apologised, want to put it behind them now.  They'll be in the next squad and starting if he wants them to, have no doubt about that. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Disagree, we need to judge Southgate on performances and his ability to make this team better, results are worthless because of the cycles 

Identify the problems from the world cup and ask if he's learned anything, gone backwards or forwards in this cycle... The answer is we've not just taken a couple of steps backwards we look like we've turned round and doing our best impression of forest gump pelting it out of his gate 

Don't think we have gone backwards. We all want to see Grealish given a  chance but some perspective has to to be put on it. 

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Don't think we have gone backwards. We all want to see Grealish given a  chance but some perspective has to to be put on it. 

We've gone miles backwards! 

We built the WC performances around a solid back 3 with them wing backs, we've since largely abandoned that and thanks to personnel changes haven't looked anywhere near as good, walker hasn't played in the 3 since

We've pulled rice in to the midfield alongside Henderson which is overly cautious 

More likely saving them for the tournament but we've abandoned the set pay routines that got us most of our goals

The main thing is I look at the WC and think that we just need a midfield who want to play football, someone who can get hold of it and drive forward, grealish is such a good fit to that WC performance that it's scary he can't get a sniff, failing that we have maddison but he can't get a sniff either 

Southgate is suffering from MON style stubbornness and lack of plan B

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ramshackler said:

I'm genuinely concerned at developments today. The last thing we need is Jack having a really impressive game for England right before the start of season... Great for Jack, not for us

I disagree. Jack thinking he is in with a chance of making the Euro's is the best thing for us. He will be in the perfect frame of mind for the season ahead.

• Like 2

Where does Jack fit,  in Villa great players? I mean we must have had about 5000. To me he is in the top 10. All opinions I know but I have been watching Villa for 50 years.

I think Tony Morley and Paul Gascoigne had a baby and named him Jack.

Edited by colhint
typo

Â