The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

It’s nothing to do with injuries, he has asked Spurs and England to play him at center back from now on as that’s where he wants to play. There’s a good interview on the athletic website about it this week. 

If he wants to play CB thats fine, but there is no way he's one of England's best centre backs. He shouldn't be in the squad on that basis. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

If he wants to play CB thats fine, but there is no way he's one of England's best centre backs. He shouldn't be in the squad on that basis. 

The problem for Eric is that I don’t see him as a midfield player, to me he’s defender and we’ve got plenty of other great players in that position. All Eric needs to do is keep his head down and I’m sure he will get there.........oh

Edited by Follyfoot

Just looked at Dier's stats from last season and he only played in central defence for the last seven games of the season, the rest of the time he was playing as a DM, not sure if that should be enough for him to be first choice in central defence. Also reminded me that he was banned for some games for running into the crowd, but you don't hear about how he has to prove himself off the pitch to Southgate.

4 minutes ago, Vancvillan said:

It's the kind of game where you need a bit of magic to unlock the defense. Shame we haven't got anyone like that on the bench...

But Grealish is just a speedy winger in the mould of Rashford or Greenwood according to Sir Gareth??

4 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

But Grealish is just a speedy winger in the mould of Rashford or Greenwood according to Sir Gareth??

It's incredibly frustrating. Just get him on the pitch to draw some fouls around the area. Even without 14 acres of Harry McGuire's forehead to aim at, we'd still get more joy from set pieces.

Edited by Vancvillan
Spelling

7 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Just what exactly has Ward-Prowse done all game, I get not selecting Grealish ahead of Sterling or Sancho.. but play him behind Kane

Just southagate’s type safe  and the style of play matches his personality boring , don’t get the media hype about this team, Wales v finland was very entertaining 

Now he's taken off Foden for Ings with 3 forwards already on the pitch, which of course fits his philosophy of playing everyone in their rightful position 🤦‍♂️ 

What goes on in Southgate's head. You'd have to wonder. 

Edited by est1874

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Now he's taken off Foden for Ings with 3 forwards already on the pitch, which of course fits his philosophy of playing everyone in their rightful position 🤦‍♂️ 

Clueless, but then we knew that

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

pathetic rowan atkinson GIF

he’ll probably give jack 5 minutes at the end and moan he didn’t take his chance 

• Thanks 1

Â