The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

soithgate said it in the press conference I watched

doesnt sound like too much though. It was picked up in our friendly and he turned up with a niggle that limited his involvement in initial training. 

Probably rules him out of Iceland but might make the 2nd game by the sounds of it so should be ok for us too.

He looked fine in all the England videos so can’t be that bad 

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

He's missed a couple of training sessions apparently due to something he picked up with us. 

If he gets injured and misses time for us I will not be a happy bunny. 

Tbh, he’s been pictured several times with one of his calf’s strapped up, so it could be true. 

Just now, Djemba_Villan said:

Probably rules him out of Iceland

bbc

Grealish available for selection

Iceland v England (Sat, 17:00 BST)

Jack Grealish has missed a couple of days' training this week with a minor problem he picked up with Aston Villa but Gareth Southgate said he's in contention.

I doubt he'll pick him, but still, sounds like nothing.

14 minutes ago, sidcow said:

He's missed a couple of training sessions apparently due to something he picked up with us. 

If he gets injured and misses time for us I will not be a happy bunny. 

I would take it as good news for us and another two fingers up at Southgate.

20 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

My bluenose friend lives there which I find hilarious. But it would be too difficult to explain the joke to him...

17 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Does he pronounce it greaseford? 

@Lichfield Dean  it is now your sworn duty to ALWAYS refer to your mates village as Greaseford whenever you say it. And of course to mention it completely unnecessarily as often as possible. Bring it into conversation even when there was no need to. Be relentless. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

My bluenose friend lives there which I find hilarious. But it would be too difficult to explain the joke to him...

You should take the time to explain it to him - will really wind him up and he will have to move. 

I suggest really short easy to understand words, spoken slowly, and possibly the use of rudimentary pictures. It will be worth the investment of a couple of weeks of your time.

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

@Lichfield Dean  it is now your sworn duty to ALWAYS refer to your mates village as Greaseford whenever you say it. And of course to mention it completely unnecessarily as often as possible. Bring it into conversation even when there was no need to. Be relentless. 

He's going to be even more upset that he is now the subject of discussion on the Jack Grealish thread! Hahaha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 03/09/2020 at 16:46, Wainy316 said:

The first few pages of this thread are always worth a read.

Just went back and had a look. Eye opening with a lot of love from sirgarycahill and a surprising amount of references and comparisons to Adam Johnson. 

On 03/09/2020 at 14:02, villalad21 said:

Luiz is miles better than Phillips

He's really not Phillips is a fantastic footballer. Luiz might be one day be but he's still developing. I reckon Phillips will be an England regular from now on and I'd be surprised if he doesn't end up at a top 4 club in a couple of years. We really ****ed up not signing him last year.

1 hour ago, zab6359 said:

He's really not Phillips is a fantastic footballer. Luiz might be one day be but he's still developing. I reckon Phillips will be an England regular from now on and I'd be surprised if he doesn't end up at a top 4 club in a couple of years. We really ****ed up not signing him last year.

We didn't really. Leeds pulled the plug. It was all agreed. More bad luck than a f*** up.

• Like 1

Said before... Its pointless trying to compare Luiz and Phillips because its Nakamba who is taking up Phillips position

And Phillips is a lot better, as in miles **** better 

Our midfield of choice sounded like Luiz McGinn and Phillips which if we'd have pulled it off we would have been fine last season 

• Like 1

Â