The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

10 hours ago, Villarocker said:

No Grealish when we lack creativity and no Mings when we need a left-sided centre back against ICELAND ffs. How can he justify playing Dier when he is a central defensive midfielder who can hardly get a game at his club? 

Are the sponsors picking the England team? 

Not all managers are too concerned about having a left footed centre back and a right footed centre back.

As frustrating and ridiculous as last night was not using grealish in a game that was quite literally screaming it for him, for us is a good thing.

Jack coming on for England and scoring or changing the game a week before the season would have started up the Man United rumours and interest again / or turned this Niggle into an injury that kept him out for a while.

His time will come, glad it wasn't yesterday

3 minutes ago, ramshackler said:

As frustrating and ridiculous as last night was not using grealish in a game that was quite literally screaming it for him, for us is a good thing.

Jack coming on for England and scoring or changing the game a week before the season would have started up the Man United rumours and interest again / or turned this Niggle into an injury that kept him out for a while.

His time will come, glad it wasn't yesterday

And judging by social media posts all the players seem to get along well with him but the manager obviously have a vendetta against him.

Tragic.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NeilS said:

Southgate strikes me as a text book manager, one who would rigidly stick to what it says in the manual. It must work, that’s what the coaching manual tells me to do.

Jack is a player who produces something outside of the text book, therefore Southgate doesn’t like or know how to deal with that.

In other words he’s a tit

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Gareth Southgate is literally the shittest England manager of all time. He's worse than all the usual candidates - Graham Taylor, Steve McLaren, etc. At least they had some achievements in the club game.

Perhaps he's let down slightly by defensive options, but in midfield and attack he 100% has a Golden Generation and he's going to **** it all up because he's a stubborn, useless **** melt who doesn't understand any of the decisions he makes. Why on earth are we playing 2 DMs against a side that would struggle in League Two? Whose designated penalty taker couldn't get in the Villa side in the Championship?

Southgate is loved by the sort of people who hate football because the players are always diving and being rude to the ref and because he's a "breath of fresh air" with his polite interviews. **** them, he's a breath of old dogshit.

Lovely summary. Although, being honest,  those points in your last paragraph aren't far off describing the things about football that piss me off, but I still can't stand Southgate being England manager.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Southgate is loved by the sort of people who hate football because the players are always diving and being rude to the ref and because he's a "breath of fresh air" with his polite interviews. **** them, he's a breath of old dogshit.

6 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Lovely summary. Although, being honest,  those points in your last paragraph aren't far off describing the things about football that piss me off, but I still can't stand Southgate being England manager.

Honestly you have to go back a long way to find a time when players didn't dive or weren't rude to the ref. I'm 40 and I can always remember it in one variant or another. Maybe it's more frequent or cynical now.

I can also remember me and my Dad being chased by opposition fans when I was 8 after a game, so harking back to "the good old days" is really a bit of a misnomer.

Football's always had its issues. Southgate is just one of many.

2 hours ago, Vancvillan said:

Honestly you have to go back a long way to find a time when players didn't dive or weren't rude to the ref. I'm 40 and I can always remember it in one variant or another. Maybe it's more frequent or cynical now.

I can also remember me and my Dad being chased by opposition fans when I was 8 after a game, so harking back to "the good old days" is really a bit of a misnomer.

Football's always had its issues. Southgate is just one of many.

I agree, but that doesn't make it right (in my opinion). Football would be much better if players didn't dive. I accept that referees miss too many cynical fouls which helps contribute to the need to dive though. 

Edit: bringing this back on topic,  I'm of the view that Grealish goes down easy, but invariably when a cynical foul has been committed that would otherwise go unpunished. Can't recall a recent blatant dive by him but know there has been the odd one.  Just a nature of the game he's been brought up on and been a part of.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

The penalty against the Albion last season looked a little bit dodgy But that makes it even funnier

Nothing dodgy about it, gibbs was going to ground, grealish took a quick touch that meant gibbs could not win that ball, it was a touch that he knew would win a foul

Pure intelligence and speed of mind

Absolutely nothing wrong with it 

• Like 1

Look back at England managers in the past theres always being cases of players that should have played but didnt. In the world cup 1966 leaving out Jimmy Greaves was akin to Poland leaving out lewandowski. In 1982 Ron Greenwood did not pick one player from a Villa team that had won the league and European cup. Grealish not being selected is not even comparable to that. I think Southgate is fortunate but at the same time hes the most successful England manager since Bobby Robson so its hard to be too critical of him. Hodgson lost to Iceland that is crap at least we won there. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Look back at England managers in the past theres always being cases of players that should have played but didnt. In the world cup 1966 leaving out Jimmy Greaves was akin to Poland leaving out lewandowski. In 1982 Ron Greenwood did not pick one player from a Villa team that had won the league and European cup. Grealish not being selected is not even comparable to that. I think Southgate is fortunate but at the same time hes the most successful England manager since Bobby Robson so its hard to be too critical of him. Hodgson lost to Iceland that is crap at least we won there. 

Also wasted Scholes out wide.

32 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes dreadful waste of talent. We need to judge Southgate on results not on whether individuals get picked. 

Disagree, we need to judge Southgate on performances and his ability to make this team better, results are worthless because of the cycles 

Identify the problems from the world cup and ask if he's learned anything, gone backwards or forwards in this cycle... The answer is we've not just taken a couple of steps backwards we look like we've turned round and doing our best impression of forest gump pelting it out of his gate 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Disagree, we need to judge Southgate on performances and his ability to make this team better, results are worthless because of the cycles 

Identify the problems from the world cup and ask if he's learned anything, gone backwards or forwards in this cycle... The answer is we've not just taken a couple of steps backwards we look like we've turned round and doing our best impression of forest gump pelting it out of his gate 

Agreed the only results that matter are the ones against France, Germany, Belgium etc. The amount of attacking talent we have is staggering and if we aren't competing with them then what is the point? 

• Like 1

Â