Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I can't watch Delavigne, everyone saying she is fun and normal. I don't get that. Seen a couple of videos on YouTube where she comes off as obnoxious. 

A Confession last night. I don't know. I am willing to ditch it but my wife will **** persist. Shit accents, miscast actors and the guy out of the office doing the only role he can do. Don't get me wrong I like him, but The Office, Sherlock, this. Its the same bloody character. 

5 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Just decided to rewatch The Wire from S1 Ep 1. My all-time favourite. Been long enough that I think I've forgotten a lot of the subplots. Very excited.

Been doing that myself. Just this minute finished season 3.

I was worried that it might have aged but **** me it's even better the second time around.

Absolutely peerless imo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

Keep meaning to get round to the Wire. But it will have to wait, have just decided to belatedly watch Mad Men. 

Same here, think i got it mixed up in my head at the time with the shield which i didn't like due to the camera work but keep hearing good things & i like the look of the cast so will give it a go at some point

Edited by LakotaDakota

New Taskmaster in a minute.  I hope it is a bit better than the last series, it seems as the programme becomes more successful and they get more episodes, the fewer decent comedians they have left to have on.  I still end up enjoying it and the contestants grow on me, it just takes a while.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

New Taskmaster in a minute.  I hope it is a bit better than the last series, it seems as the programme becomes more successful and they get more episodes, the fewer decent comedians they have left to have on.  I still end up enjoying it and the contestants grow on me, it just takes a while.

I love Taskmaster it's so ridiculously stupid and really shouldn't be as good as it is! 

• Like 2

Has anyone seen Perpetual Grace?  It looks fun.  I do love Kingsley. He does 'barely contained madness' very well and I always have time for Terry O'Quinn.

14 hours ago, sne said:

First 3 episodes of Wu-Tang: An American Saga is out on the Internet so that's my evening sorted.

Bildresultat för Wu-Tang: An American Saga

Having watched the first 3 episodes it's frankly excellent.

Very promising start.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

looked it up to see where its on etc and early reviews, i'll watch it (they also suggested a documentary of mics and men)

ended up looking through America's next wave of TV and my slate is looking like - godfather of harlem, treadstone (bourne TV) watchmen, the mandalorin, man in the high castle, vagabond, skylines, hip hop evolution, the deuce (9th sep) top boy, the American game (docu series on the history of college football) goliath, ballers, dark materials 

got peaky blinders and mindhunter to get through soon too

it just keeps coming

• Like 2

Main cast of the BBC Pratchett adaptation the Watch announced.

Richard Dormer as Vimes

Adam Hugill as Carrot

Lara Rossi as Lady Sybil

Marama Colette as Angua

Jo Eaton-Kent as Cheery

Sam Adewunmi as Carcer

Dormer is best known as Beric Dondarrion from GoT, but he's a good fit for Vimes I think... The rest I don't really know but don't really fit my image of the characters, particularly Sybil. I don't really care about Sybil being black, but Sybil is described as a big woman, well built, a bit chunky. Lara Rossi is not. She's built like a model.

There's also some concern about what they're doing with the series. The show was originally pitched as a 'crime of the week' CSI style series, which is fine, that wasn't going to adapt the books. Which is again fine, but undoubtedly they would pinch ideas from the books anyway. Which they have - Carcer is the villain in Night Watch, but that book is not one you'd adapt for a show like this, so it looks like they've nicked him to be used as a recurring villain. But then there's other things... They describe Sybil as a vigilante. Sybil isn't Batwoman. She's just an old money toff who's obsessed with looking after abandoned pet dragons. They describe Cheery as gender fluid. She isn't. Cheery is a dwarf woman who decides to be more openly feminine, much to the distaste of her people. They describe Angua as Carrot's trainer. She isn't. She (and Cheery) doesn't join the Watch until after Carrot has become second in command, and basically follows in his footsteps of modernising the force. Carrot's arrival professionalises them, Angua comes to represent the Watch becoming more open and diverse.

Hmm. There's a difficulty with adapting Pratchett, his humour is very literary, it's all careful parodies, puns, internal dialogue, sardonic asides, footnotes from the narrator... That is very hard to translate to screen, and for some reason most adaptations make it hammy and slapstick. But... There's no need to mess with the basis of the characters. The worry with this series was always that it was going to be a bit fanfic, but this seems to somehow be a bit worse than that. It's taking the characters and changing them, making them a bit 'in name only' it appears. Which is unforgivable.

Just finished the Netflix limited series The Spy based on true events when Mossad successfully planted a spy in Damascus on the sixties.

It was pretty good and interesting, especially as I'm not that up on middle eastern political history. 

whilst the lead was played well by Sacha Baron Cohen, I couldn't help but think he was just playing a serious borat! 

great success win GIF

Edited by theboyangel

6 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Just finished the Netflix limited series The Spy based on true events when Mossad successfully planted a spy in Damascus on the sixties.

It was pretty good and interesting, especially as I'm not that up on middle eastern political history. 

whilst the lead was played well by Sacha Baron Cohen, I couldn't help but think he was just playing a serious borat! 

great success win GIF

Â