Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

20 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I’ve just finished the Leeds documentary. 

The Sunderland one was way better.

I feel like it was a bit lame because it was made by Leeds and they probably didn’t want everyone laughing at them, but the best bits about last season were the parts where they became the laughing stock.

Ie: They didn’t show the Derby fans singing the Frank Lampard song at the end of the play-off semis, or the Derby players doing the ‘binocular hands’, or even mention that Villa went on to get promoted.

Another thing that annoyed me, was the constant reference to this great great great great club and all their great fans and their great history and togetherness and love and whatever other bullshit they tried to project.

Oh well, the ending was good. Lots of crying Leeds fans and players while some shite Leeds song plays over the top.

If it wasn't for the fact that I know it all goes tits up I don't think I'd be persisting with it. First two episode was just a massive group wank about how great Leeds are.

• Like 2

I watched Save Me on Sky Atlantic. I guess you'd call it a gritty drama. Great performance by Lennie Jones but he was eclipsed by Stephen Graham who just steals every scene. 

• Like 2

Finished Escape from Dannemora the other week.

It's fantastic up until the last couple of episodes, where I think it kind of tails off disappointingly.

Definitely worth a watch though. I hadn't actually heard of it despite the plaudits it has received, I just stumbled across it on Sky Box Sets, so it was a pleasant surprise.

Has one of the most uncomfortable scenes I've seen in a while in it too.

4 episodes in to Mindhunter and it's excellent still. Was surprised they went to the Dean Corll case, but given where the series' focus is headed it fits, and because of what happened with Corll the interview associated has a very different bent. The Berkowitz interview was well done although made a little a more theatrical and tone shifted - in reality they confronted him more bluntly and he basically appeared to want to please the agents once they made it clear they weren't messing around.

Only downsides so far have been the story with Tench's family, I don't like where that story is headed and it feels tacked on, and the relationship stuff with Carr feels they want to give her a wider character but to no real purpose (yet).

But very good overall.

Just watching The One Show previewing the new Dad's Army - The Lost Episodes.

In the clips so far Pike is not wearing a Villa scarf.

I shall not be watching* out of principle

* I will, I love Dad's Army

9 hours ago, villa89 said:

Just finished Dark on Netflix. It's good, quite unusual storyline but it's interesting. I'll start season two soon. Hearing good things about 'The Boys' too so might watch that first.

I absolutely loved Dark and season 2 was immense!

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Honestly. I’m excited to see episode 12. Or has the season finished??

There’s 13 episodes in this season

I’ve just watched episode 11. 

tenor.gif

It was a bit better and hopefully leading up to a half decent finale

Finished Mindhunter series 2.

Really excellent. They handled the ambiguity around the the main case quite well and how it ultimately was both a victory and a failure, and an exceptionally difficult matter to deal with.

I still don't like the story with Tench's family. I know why it's there, it does serve a purpose, but it's so unbelievable and on the nose it sticks out like a sore thumb in a series that is heavily, heavily based on actual events. It fleshes out the personal impact of the work the agents do, and it starts to ask questions of impact of the research they've done and what it actually means. But it's so unbelievable and not terribly compelling.

But overall the series is excellent again. And it does continue the BTK plot nicely, being much more overt about him, what made him tick. He's a very, very interesting case, and the series will have to make a decision in how they end the story.

• Like 4

The only issue I have with Mindhunter is the fact that in literally every scene outside the buildings at Quantico, you can hear someone firing off an automatic weapon in the background. Surely they don't use the ranges there 24/7?

• Like 1

On 19/08/2019 at 16:20, Chindie said:

4 episodes in to Mindhunter and it's excellent still. Was surprised they went to the Dean Corll case, but given where the series' focus is headed it fits, and because of what happened with Corll the interview associated has a very different bent. The Berkowitz interview was well done although made a little a more theatrical and tone shifted - in reality they confronted him more bluntly and he basically appeared to want to please the agents once they made it clear they weren't messing around.

Only downsides so far have been the story with Tench's family, I don't like where that story is headed and it feels tacked on, and the relationship stuff with Carr feels they want to give her a wider character but to no real purpose (yet).

But very good overall.

Completely agree with that. Felt unnecessary. 

Â