Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

3 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Nice, I didnt even realise they were doing one.  I assume 10.11.19 means the 11th October rather than 10th November?

Yep, October 11. Looks like it is a "what happened to Jesse Pinkman after the show" film. I would usually be very wary of any netflix movies but Vince Gilligan wrote/directed it so it might actually be ok

• Like 1

Gah 13 reasons why s3 is hard to get into. Completely new, incredibly annoying british girl narrator/lead actor just thrown into the middle of things is awful. Not sure i'll make it to the end. Might just rewatch s1 instead.

Edited by LakotaDakota

14 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Gah 13 reasons why s3 is hard to get into. Completely new, incredibly annoying british girl narrator/lead actor just thrown into the middle of things is awful. Not sure i'll make it to the end. Might just rewatch s1 instead.

I watched the first episode and her Hollywood version of an English accent grated on me.  I'll probably stick it out though.  Mindhunter was brilliant but I hate having to wait two years to get 9 episodes.  I want more dammit.  

Just finished that Leeds Utd Documentary about last season (and their inevitable implosion.)

Repeating what others have said that it's nowhere as near as good as the City one because Bielsa wouldn't allow the cameras in the dressing room. Also the commentary is written after the games and is very annoying.

Quick observation is that the owner and everyone associated with Leeds seem hysterical. When things start to go wrong they just exacerbate the problems by freaking out and acting like a bunch of girls. There's even a shot of one of the higher ups (a grown up man) crying in the tunnel after the Millwall game.

Finally the game with us is completely white washed and the details of what actually happened are basically lied about. Especially Bamford's dive and why the Villa players were so incensed with the Klisch (sp?) goal. Nice shot of Jesus shaking hands with Bielsa in the tunnel after the game though. Obvious mutual respect between the two.

Re the Leeds documentary, this aside from Max Rushden's review in the Guardian made me laugh:

'At the end of episode one, Crowe’s voice goes even deeper: “There is a long twisting road ahead and what is about to unfold will be one of the most dramatic seasons in the club’s history.”

[. . .]

TV has to emote and excite and poetic license is part of that – Crowe cannot say “This will all be an anticlimax and actually not too dissimilar to West Brom’s season just with a more interesting manager and a less interesting mascot” but there is a fine line between drama and hyperbole.'

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/16/leeds-documentary-amazon-take-us-home-lack-of-bielsa

• Like 3

I don't rate polly, neither as a character or unfortunately the great actress mccrory's accent

its a great TV show, dipped in series 3 I think because it leant too heavily on assumed history knowledge and is too short for its own good, very stylish, well written and directed, sounds great (albeit I can understand those who don't like the approach they take) think they need an arc to it now that lasts for the remaining 2-3 series rather than setting up another one and done

the local factor probably pushes it up from an 8/10 to a 9

• Like 1

Apparently there is a Netflix series about Carlos Tevez his youth in the Apache "Villas" of Buenos Aires and his way to stardom called Apache: The Life of Carlos Tevez 

Described as drama, crime, biography on IMDB. Released on August 16th.

Not a documentary but a drama series.

If it's City of God but with football it might be worth to check out?

Currently 7.8 on IMDB, but less than 200 votes.

On 26/08/2019 at 13:44, Bizzzle said:

Am I the only one that thinks Peaky Blinders is a bit overrated? I mean I like it but I don’t love it like some seem to 

I’ve grown a bit weary with it. I think the tie in products - Peaky Blinder beer etc don’t help.

But in the main I found myself watching the last series thinking things like “Yep, here’s the walking in slow motion through the factory sequence.” “Here’s where his brother will say ‘By order of the peaky ****ing blinders!!’” or “Tom Hardy is mumbling again.”

I don’t think the quality has dropped particularly, just no longer invested in it I guess. Haven’t bothered with the new series.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

Bake off tonight lads! 

200.gif

Cast looks dull this year, mostly a few people in their mid 20s to early 30s that are too old/ugly to make a living off youtube/insta.

Only 1 person over 40 & only Alice the geography teacher that resembles anything close to "totty"

& as for this guy...

• Haha 1

Â