Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

12 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Cast looks dull this year, mostly a few people in their mid 20s to early 30s that are too old/ugly to make a living off youtube/insta.

Only 1 person over 40 & only Alice the geography teacher that resembles anything close to "totty"

& as for this guy...

What about the Witch? 

**** off with yer shitty cake programmes you mongs 🤣

Watched first 2 episodes of "The Boys". I'm struggling to get interested as I hate superhero stuff, even comedic type

11 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

**** off with yer shitty cake programmes you mongs 🤣

Watched first 2 episodes of "The Boys". I'm struggling to get interested as I hate superhero stuff, even comedic type

Well there's your problem,..

A show about superheroes probably isn't the best choice if you hate superhero stuff ;)

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, LakotaDakota said:

Well there's you're problem,..

A show about superheroes probably isn't the best choice if you hate superhero stuff ;)

Ahem ;)

17 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Ahem ;)

Heh, Not like me to do that. No idea if it is the heat or the extra day off but i have felt like an absolute spanner all day today. I needed to post something to someone earlier, It wasn't until i was heading out to the post office that i realised i had put completely the wrong thing in the box & Was also sending it to the wrong address.

Edited by LakotaDakota

Ah well the baking wasn't as bad as i had feared. Too many people really for anyone to get more than a couple of minutes each although someone managing to cut themselves 3 times in the first hour and end up with basically a taped up claw for a hand was rather amusing. Doesn't look like there are any real superstars with exhibition level decorating skills this year so may just come down to taste, Which for a TV show isn't really ideal i guess.

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1

On 27/08/2019 at 11:45, sne said:

Really liked the 2 first episodes of season 5 of Peaky Blinders. 

Top stuff!

I wish they would kill off Polly !!! - She is just like a bolt on whose always seems angry without the viewer understanding why - her personality seems to change from series to series, and she always seems to have her own little story (about nothing)   - and too top it all she is a pretty poor actress !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hippo said:

I wish they would kill off Polly !!! - She is just like a bolt on whose always seems angry without the viewer understanding why - her personality seems to change from series to series, and she always seems to have her own little story (about nothing)   - and too top it all she is a pretty poor actress !

she's a really good actress! I think that makes it worse, definitely the weak link, I think the only character with a ropier accent than her was the sisters commie bloke in series 1 who was pretty much 75% scouse

she's also married to Damien Lewis

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

she's also married to Damien Lewis

Poor woman*

*think I might have mentioned this before, but that **** is like TV/Movie Kryptonite to me. I despise everything about him and his face makes me nauseous. Completely irrational but there you go.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Poor woman*

*think I might have mentioned this before, but that **** is like TV/Movie Kryptonite to me. I despise everything about him and his face makes me nauseous. Completely irrational but there you go.

Even Band of Brothers?!

8 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Even Band of Brothers?!

Yep. In fact one of the reasons it took me so long to get around to watching it was his nightmarish visage. Genuinely makes my skin crawl.

5 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Yep. In fact one of the reasons it took me so long to get around to watching it was his nightmarish visage. Genuinely makes my skin crawl.

Apart from hating him, I'm with you there. Always thought he had a fairly unfortunate natural mix of smug/creepy.

Mindhunter season 2 was excellent, I didn't even mind the storyline surrounding the family of Bill Tench as it created tension between him, Holden and focusing on the job in Atlanta.

there has to be a season 3 - just hope it doesn't take as long to get produced! 

the BTK underlying plot is being teased out so well it must be progressed! 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, PieFacE said:

13 Reasons Why... holy shit someone put this out of it's misery already.

its background noise for me now, which seeing as I told the missus she can watch it in German with English subtitles (so I don't have to listen to the English girl) isn't a good thing

completely unnecessary with nowhere to go and desperately trying to be edgy and cool, the Bryce girlfriend scene in episode 2 was the final nail for me, felt massively tacked on just to spark conversation and get an online buzz, don't think I've seen her in a single scene since either

Just finished watching season 1 & 2 of Mindhunter and meh don't get the hype really it was average at best for me. Will watch a season 3 if and when it comes out but wouldn't be arsed if they cancelled it really 🤷‍♂️

Â