Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Finished hip-hop evolution

Its good don't get me wrong... But it just feels like they're skimming over the surface which is disappointing, they have some cracking interviewees and some of its a wasted opportunity because it can go deeper and they don't

hard to know what season 4 will cover but they should revisit Dr dres resurgence and tag in Eminem, revisit Jay z and then bring in kanye

Feels like there's a lot going on with people that they have already covered that are bow forgotten, nas for example, there's 2 episodes in this series that cover biggie and then new York underground scene, no mention on nas' career in either (or wu Tang etc) also slightly disappointed there was nothing on dmx or the fugees

Edited by villa4europe

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Finished hip-hop evolution

Its good don't get me wrong... But it just feels like they're skimming over the surface which is disappointing, they have some cracking interviewees and some of its a wasted opportunity because it can go deeper and they don't

hard to know what season 4 will cover but they should revisit Dr dres resurgence and tag in Eminem, revisit Jay z and then bring in kanye

Feels like there's a lot going on with people that they have already covered that are bow forgotten, nas for example, there's 2 episodes in this series that cover biggie and then new York underground scene, no mention on nas' career in either (or wu Tang etc) also slightly disappointed there was nothing on dmx 

I think it's good, I don't really care to see anything about Jay Z or DMX, neither really brought anything new to the table, DMX was really a flash in the pan who fizzled out by the year 2000 as well. Jay Z has not done anything unique and has always been a trend follower. If memory serves me correctly Nas and Wu Tang were in season 2 but perhaps could have devoted more time to Illmatic.

I particularly enjoyed The New Guard episode which had a focus on Rakim, undoubtedly the greatest to pick up a mic and the Dirty South episode as it was great to see Organised Noise and Goodie Mobb get their due.

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I think it's good, I don't really care to see anything about Jay Z or DMX, neither really brought anything new to the table, DMX was really a flash in the pan who fizzled out by the year 2000 as well. Jay Z has not done anything unique and has always been a trend follower. If memory serves me correctly Nas and Wu Tang were in season 2 but perhaps could have devoted more time to Illmatic.

I particularly enjoyed The New Guard episode which had a focus on Rakim, undoubtedly the greatest to pick up a mic and the Dirty South episode as it was great to see Organised Noise and Goodie Mobb get their due.

What's your thoughts in this @mjmooney?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Probably been mentioned already but "Power" on Netflix. I saved it to my list ages ago but only just started watching it. 

It's like Topboy but more glamorous (in parts) with lots of nookie. Win-win !

55 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Probably been mentioned already but "Power" on Netflix. I saved it to my list ages ago but only just started watching it. 

It's like Topboy but more glamorous (in parts) with lots of nookie. Win-win !

Watched 3 episodes, thought it was cack. Moved on.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Not enough DHUTWU action for ya ? Give it a chance  ;)

I thought 3 episodes was more than enough.

I've also dumped other shows that people think are good.

One episode of "Orange Is The New Black".

4 episodes of "Man In The High Tower".

2 episodes of Stranger Things season 2.

I find them all un-gripping.

Looking forward to the "Jack Reacher" TV series though, and I know for a fact the main character will NOT be an actor who is five foot six.

• Like 1

My god the last episode of Suits was one of the worst pieces of television I have ever seen. The acting was embarrassing, and the way they rushed the case was ridiculous.

Such a good show that was dragged out for far too long.

• Like 2

Godfather of harlem episode 1 is good

American saga wu Tang episode 1 is very good (even if I dont know who everyone is) 

Only just caught up with it but the double eviction on bake off was outrageous, the Welsh and the weirdo woman were nowhere near as bad as the Asian and the blonde woman 

Edited by villa4europe

Forget all these high brow, heavy watching series. I had my first experience of RuPaul's Dragrace last night with the new UK series and it's amazing.

Anyone who loves a bit of camp with loads of innuendos will love it. I'd seen bits and pieces of the American series before as my old housemates girlfriend used to be obsessed, but it seems to take itself a lot more seriously so I wasn't a fan.

My favourite bit was when one was talking about Kim Woodburn and had to try and explain to RuPaul about her being a famous "cleaner off the telly" followed by an incredible impression that went straight over his head.

On 03/10/2019 at 09:44, rjw63 said:

Man In The High Tower".

I stuck with it thinking something would redeem it story wise  ..but  nothing did  , i did see it through to the end for a kind of closure though   ... now I've just found out a 4th season starts in November ..

So closure  requires a whole new series 

Two reviews of last night's "World on Fire" (BBC1). Spot the Brexiteer.  

Nice to see the polish side of the story and how horrifying it all was. Glad the bbc used well known polish actors rather than British actors with accents. Lends an authenticity to proceedings. Well acted throughout and great to see heavyweights like Helen hunt and Sean bean and Lesley Manville in tv. 

Why was the German in German your not making schindlers list We have to legally pay the BBC at least they could do is produce english speaking programmes Don't waste your time with this for a ww2 fix Watch band of brothers instead or again If peaky blinders spoke how they did then that would need sub titles but they manage to speak normal legible English Just proves how much of a joke bbc is.

IMDB

2 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Forget all these high brow, heavy watching series. I had my first experience of RuPaul's Dragrace last night with the new UK series and it's amazing.

Anyone who loves a bit of camp with loads of innuendos will love it. I'd seen bits and pieces of the American series before as my old housemates girlfriend used to be obsessed, but it seems to take itself a lot more seriously so I wasn't a fan.

My favourite bit was when one was talking about Kim Woodburn and had to try and explain to RuPaul about her being a famous "cleaner off the telly" followed by an incredible impression that went straight over his head.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Â