Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 25/07/2019 at 23:33, Chindie said:

Last Chance U remains one of the most compelling things on Netflix. 

I can’t believe I’ve let this pass me by for so long. I’ve just finished season one and it is **** brilliant. You really find yourself desperately wanting the lads to succeed. There are some big personalities amongst the squad and many come from sad and brutal upbringings. 

Coach Stephens’ desire to win and be the best is intoxicating whilst Brittany Wagner is one of life’s true angels and you can see how much she really cares for the students. 

I enjoy the sport itself, but even people who don’t even like American Football would get something out of this show. 

10 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

I can’t believe I’ve let this pass me by for so long. I’ve just finished season one and it is **** brilliant. You really find yourself desperately wanting the lads to succeed. There are some big personalities amongst the squad and many come from sad and brutal upbringings. 

Coach Stephens’ desire to win and be the best is intoxicating whilst Brittany Wagner is one of life’s true angels and you can see how much she really cares for the students. 

I enjoy the sport itself, but even people who don’t even like American Football would get something out of this show. 

Every series is excellent in their own way. They also do catch up episodes where some of the students are followed up on between series to see what happened to them.

Thoroughly recommend watching all 4 series. Each kinda has it's own story. Some quite surprising.

The series actually made me somewhat interested in American football, I ended up watching things like the All or Nothing series on the Michigan Wolverines, who are very much at the other end of things to Last Chance U. Not quite as compelling as Last Chance U, there's not the same tragic undercurrent to the stories, but still worth a look.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Out on Amazon Prime today, looking forward to watching this tonight.

image.jpg

I've only watch part episodes but for me it's nowhere near as good as Sunderland Til I Die or Class of 92. No dressing room access and no input from Bielsa really hinders it. Also hated the scripted commentary during the games. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm constantly telling my GF that GLOW is a genuinely good show and I don't just watch it for the half naked ladies. 

She just walked in during THAT part of Episode 3 of the new season.

You got a girlfriend then? 

#2014gag

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

The series actually made me somewhat interested in American football, I ended up watching things like the All or Nothing series on the Michigan Wolverines, who are very much at the other end of things to Last Chance U. Not quite as compelling as Last Chance U, there's not the same tragic undercurrent to the stories, but still worth a look.

Most episodes of Hard Knocks are on Youtube. Some of the earlier seasons are brilliant.

7 hours ago, Brumerican said:

Most episodes of Hard Knocks are on Youtube. Some of the earlier seasons are brilliant.

Jets, Texans and Browns from memory are great. Avoid Rams.

Sports team docs seem to be the new Marvel superhero series.Just for football, what have we got now, Sunderland, Man City, Man United, Leeds. Then all of the US sports team ones.

Find a semi-interesting idea, then copy and paste that shit until the well runs dry.

• Like 1

On 08/08/2019 at 08:56, Stevo985 said:

Wow, you weren't lying.

Utterly dreadful acting. It's like a bad, cheesy, B Movie.

Like you, I think it's a cool concept, but I can't get past that standard of acting and poor writing.

Favourite bits of appalling writing and acting from episode 1:

Reveal hidden contents

The hysterically crying woman when they're interviewing the passengers

When they were told they'd been missing for 5 years they all just kind of shrugged and looked at each other. Then everyone else in the show just seemed to accept this utterly unbelievable scenario with a smile and a "that's a bit weird, anyway on with our lives"

When the main girl tells her brother she heard a voice in her head and his reply was a firm "YOU ARE LOSING YOUR MIND DON'T TELL ANYONE ABOUT THIS EVER". Bit harsh.

Why would that guy call the police to come and investigate a broken gate to his yard when he had two girls from an incredibly high profile abduction case locked in the exact same yard?

Gave Manifest a go as well. As you say, interesting concept but appalling writing

You can also add

Spoiler

- The mobile phone footage of them breaking the lock on the yard to let the dogs out. It looks as though the person filming was about 10 feet away when they recorded it. Where were they?! It was an industrial area! Surely you've had noticed someone recording you. 

- The very fact her brother turns up at exactly the same time to the yard in the middle of the night. "I heard it earlier when I drove past"

I'll continue with it for the time being...

37 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Sports team docs seem to be the new Marvel superhero series.Just for football, what have we got now, Sunderland, Man City, Man United, Leeds. Then all of the US sports team ones.

Find a semi-interesting idea, then copy and paste that shit until the well runs dry.

Amazon released both Leeds and dortmund yesterday

I'll probably end up watching both

They also released a weekly football show with Peter crouch and I think John bishop

Not sure if they need it to establish themselves as a sports platform, the all or nothing series have such high production quality that I find them really interesting to watch, I have no interest in rugby and still watched the all Blacks one 

9 hours ago, djdabush said:

I've only watch part episodes but for me it's nowhere near as good as Sunderland Til I Die or Class of 92. No dressing room access and no input from Bielsa really hinders it. Also hated the scripted commentary during the games. 

Yeh I agree, I'm on Episode 3 and it's not quite at the standard of Sunderland Till I Die. Still an interesting watch though.

I’ve just finished the Leeds documentary. 

The Sunderland one was way better.

I feel like it was a bit lame because it was made by Leeds and they probably didn’t want everyone laughing at them, but the best bits about last season were the parts where they became the laughing stock.

Ie: They didn’t show the Derby fans singing the Frank Lampard song at the end of the play-off semis, or the Derby players doing the ‘binocular hands’, or even mention that Villa went on to get promoted.

Another thing that annoyed me, was the constant reference to this great great great great club and all their great fans and their great history and togetherness and love and whatever other bullshit they tried to project.

Oh well, the ending was good. Lots of crying Leeds fans and players while some shite Leeds song plays over the top.

• Like 3

Mind Hunter season 2 was excellent as expected, but also kinda disappointing. Not as good as the first season, and not enough interviews with serial killers. Didn't really feel like any of the characters progressed at all. Though, the writing was still excellent.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Killing Eve is done so now at the point where its summer and there is nothing to watch. My daughter bugs me constantly to watch Stranger Things so may give it one episode, she also recommends The Night Of. May give that an episode too. The latter makes me always go to this in my head. 

27 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Killing Eve is done so now at the point where its summer and there is nothing to watch. My daughter bugs me constantly to watch Stranger Things so may give it one episode, she also recommends The Night Of. May give that an episode too. The latter makes me always go to this in my head. 

The night of is a cracking one-off mini series and well worth watching. 

I also like Strange Things but yet to catch the latest series. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I’ve just finished the Leeds documentary. 

The Sunderland one was way better.

I feel like it was a bit lame because it was made by Leeds and they probably didn’t want everyone laughing at them, but the best bits about last season were the parts where they became the laughing stock.

Ie: They didn’t show the Derby fans singing the Frank Lampard song at the end of the play-off semis, or the Derby players doing the ‘binocular hands’, or even mention that Villa went on to get promoted.

Another thing that annoyed me, was the constant reference to this great great great great club and all their great fans and their great history and togetherness and love and whatever other bullshit they tried to project.

Oh well, the ending was good. Lots of crying Leeds fans and players while some shite Leeds song plays over the top.

"Villa and Leeds have both competed in European Cup finals"

Definitely much prefer Sunderland TID & CO92.

Other TV:

Currently watching The Boys, it's absolutely brilliant.

• Like 2

Â